Perform Morticer Advice

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimbo123

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

My better half was dropping stuff of at the local recyling depot today and noticed a gentleman about to throw away a Perform Morticer in full working order !!. So being the kind and thoughful person that she is, brought it home for me. Bearing in mind its not a tool Ive used since high school so excuse me if I get some terminology wrong here.
Ive got a few questions I hope you can all help with...

It looks like there are two sizes I need to be aware of .. One the chuck size and two the square "chisel ?" size ?
The chuck clearly has a maximum size but the chisel is one size only unless a smaller one with collar of some kind ?
Looks like the chisel is set to 1/2" only ?
Do the chisel and auger have to be bought as a pair or are they available individually ?
Lastly, does anyone have a manual ?

Attached the info on the tool to be accurate.

Many thanks
Jim

Attachments

• IMG_1177.JPG
    IMG_1177.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Thanks Bingy Man, I did a search but in all honesty a typical "man" search. Found some relevant threads now. Regards.
From my limited experience with bench top Morticers the one you have seams quite small in terms of capacity . Mortice chisels are sold as a set ( auger and mortice . You get what you pay for though in terms of quality . A decent find either way ..

From my limited experience with bench top Morticers the one you have seams quite small in terms of capacity . Mortice chisels are sold as a set ( auger and mortice . You get what you pay for though in terms of quality . A decent find either way ..

Yes I kind of thought so too. I dont need much experience to realise the 1/2" bit it came with was probably a struggle for this machine to deal with. Hence maybe why the thing looked hardly used if a little neglected. Im thinking the the use of smaller bits is the way to go with a machine like this.

Back