Mac or Microsoft?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mac or Microsoft

• Do you have a Mac?

Votes: 17 43.6%
  • Do you have a Microsoft machine?

Votes: 22 56.4%

• Total voters
when you post a new topic scroll down to the bottom of the form and there is a section on polls looks pretty simple to me.

adidat

Indeed. It was perfectly plain to see on this PC. Perhaps you need a special app? :lol:

to me a clear winner apple operating systems, they just plain work. To put into simple terms

Windows = VHS
Apple os = BluRay

I don't think that any special apps or owt else is needed. Just the know how to look at the bottom as has been pionted out, thank you. I do believe that Firefox works in a similar way on whatever machine it's thrown at.

It's how everything else works that is the interesting thing?

I had M'soft machines for years and now, for the past year or so have had an iMac and a MacBook so I know the difference. I will not shout those differences. It is enough for me to know for myself 8) 8)

Jonzjob":1gpf28da said:
I have no idea as to how to start a poll as to how many of us have which machine?

A Mac or a Microsoft machine?

It would be interesting to see who has seen the light and who still continue to struggle with the beloved Microsaft kit?

How do I set up a poll please?

Hmmm....nice idea John :D

I think the expressions you are looking for is MicrosHaft and Windoze.

This is a subject that seems to raise the hackles in a unique way. I don't know why. We don't seem to get upset about cars or washing machines in spite of the fact that there are clearly 'superior' machines out there. In fact most people seem to admire those that can afford the better machines. Not that I'm suggesting..................

Both systems have advantages/disadvantages.

Mac users are like vegetarians they try to convert you to their way of thinking.

PC’s are far cheaper, macs should be about the same price but the fanbois seem to be happy to pay the extra, its their choice.

Pete

Racers":67re7x6k said:
Both systems have advantages/disadvantages.

PC’s are far cheaper, macs should be about the same price but the fanbois seem to be happy to pay the extra, its their choice.

Pete

Rather like BMW and Mercedes drivers then. Wots wrong with a Vauxhall?

andypo":1yzi46wa said:
to me a clear winner apple operating systems, they just plain work. To put into simple terms

Windows = VHS
Apple os = BluRay

... and Linux is anything you want it to be. :)

Where's the Linux option?

Ooooooboooontoooooo...... er sorry, I mean Ubuntu, here too. Can't afford another Mac and it'll be a cold day in the underworld before I go back to Windoze.

I can't fill-in the survey because we have (at least) four PCs and five Macs in the house.

I have just spent THREE DAYS trying to fault-find a PC with two monitors, and, it turned out, a duff graphics card.

I have learned far more than I care to about testing RAM, graphics memory, and the idiosyncrasies of NVidia hardware. None of it was directly useful, except I am now fairly certain the machine's RAM is fine. And the power supply. And the motherboard. And the motherboard's slots. And the other NVidia graphs card I tried, And the new AMI graphcs card, which arrived within 20 hours (thank you Scan!) and appears to be flawless, so far.

Had it been a Mac, firstly it wouldn't have been a problem trying to install drivers, etc, because it would simply have WORKED from the outset, and secondly... well there isn't a secondly really.

And I still haven't got the two monitors reasonably colour matched.

Life is WAY too short for PCs.

Do I sound a bit cross? Sorry...

E.

Back