Lamp base

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danstewart

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all.

Hoping someone can help. I'm looking to make my in laws a solid wood lamp base around 10" tall and 3" square at the base tapering to 2" at the top.

Can anyone advise how I drill a straight hold down and through the side that will allow me to pass a flex through? Not keen to router a groove out of the bottom, I would prefer the flex to come out of one side. Any help would be appreciated! Rough sketch attached!

Attachments

• 16141138324678454136728721206647.jpg
    16141138324678454136728721206647.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 2
Drill a big hole up from the bottom, a little hole through the top and a small one from the side, then you have room to manipulate the cable through, no fussing about lining them up and either plug the bottom or leave it open for maintenance (will also allow you to add strain relief on the cable, that’s important!)
Aidan

Drill a big hole up from the bottom, a little hole through the top and a small one from the side, then you have room to manipulate the cable through, no fussing about lining them up and either plug the bottom or leave it open for maintenance (will also allow you to add strain relief on the cable, that’s important!)
Aidan
That makes complete sense. Many thanks for replying

Back