Kity 619 Blade Alignment

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnBB

Reaction score
I have recently assembled an original Kity 619 purchased in dismantled condition. The blade is not perfectly aligned to the mitre slots and the trunnions appear not move any further. Do I enlarge the trunnion bolt holes or is there some other guidance to help here? It is currently 1 mm out front to rear of a 250 mm blade.

I have the 618, but I think the way the saw table top fixes is the same.

If you just slacken off the long fixing bolts that hold the table top in place, you should get enough movement in the top to enable you to tweak it slightly and align the blade with the mitre slot. You are only talking about half a mm twist to get it to line up.

i also have the 618 and had to do this adjustment. i am also pretty sure that the 619 is the same. dont go enlarging any holes!

Thank you for the prompt replies - I do not know if the 618 is constructed differently but the 619 trunnions are screwed to the table top so I have assumed that moving the top will take the trunnions with it giving no relative adjustment between the two.

If that is the case then John, then the 618 is definately constructed differently!

On my 618, I can remove the cast alloy table saw top and this leaves the motor, trunnions, arbour all in place within the cabinet.

Similar to what Marcros stated, I have had to adjust my table on a couple of occasions after taking my saw apart for servicing and cleaning.
i didnt realise that the 618 & 619 were that much different to each other as they look very similar from the pictures i've seen.

Hello guys! I'm new to the forum. I have a kitty 619 with a router table. The blade is off by 1mm and i've tried everything. I loosen all the bolts and tried tapping the table, but the blade moves along with it, since it is bolted to the cast iron top. I tried adjusting the hinges where the blade rest upon, but it will eventually come out of alignement again after a few cuts. I'd like to know if anyone has any tip that could serve of any help. this is driving me insane!!! Thank you all in advance!

I couldn't advise back in 2016 as it would seem that the 619 and the 618 had a few differences.
However, I'm pretty certain that they did have the same material as a table surface ,....and that is cast alloy, not cast iron !
Check it with a magnet.

I couldn't advise back in 2016 as it would seem that the 619 and the 618 had a few differences.
However, I'm pretty certain that they did have the same material as a table surface ,....and that is cast alloy, not cast iron !
Check it with a magnet.
Sure, it is way lighter. But my concern is the blade being out of alignment...I'm considering selling it.

Back