Kity 419 vs Axminster TS250?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpoonsbySven

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks,
Have been looking at buying a decent tablesaw. Decided that a second-hand AxminsterTS250, CharnwoodW619 or similar suits my needs (and budget), if I can get one at a decent price. So far, everything I've seen has been (hundreds of) miles away from Edinburgh area (AxiTS250 currently for sale on this site by Glynster is very tempting, but a shade over my budget, especially with transport :( )

A Kity419 has just come up close to me. I've seen a couple of threads comparing the AxiTS200 with the Kity419, but wondered if anyone had any comments on a comparison between the TS250 and Kity419?

Sorry if I should have replied to those old threads rather than starting a new topic, but they're fairly old.

Any comments gratefully received.
Thanks,
Sven

Welcome to the forum.

I had a 419 which I found to be a very good starter saw. I sold mine and wished that i hadn't. The principal difference between that and the 250 will be the max blade size and the cast iron top on the latter. I haven't had an issue with an alloy top, with my only niggle being that you cannot use mag switches on it- most people do not want to.

I now have a kity 618 which I rate very highly. Would you have the room for one- it is a cabinet rather than benchtop saw but a used one should be in your budget?

Thanks very much for the quick reply Marcros. Appreciate your advice.
I think a 618 is probably a bit beyond what I can manage, both in terms of space and budget, but I'll keep an eye out.

I'd really like to have a proper look at some of my options "in the flesh" so to speak. I've no experience of table saws apart from the rubbish one I have, and a full-on professional panel saw that belongs to a friend who runs a furniture and staircase-making company.

Any forum users know of second-hand tool dealers in Central Scotland area who might have tools in the AxiTS250 kind of range?

Cheers for the response. This is a great site- really pleased to have stumbled on it as part of my table-saw search.
Sven

PS can anyone point me in the direction of instructions for changing my password? I had to get it reset, which worked fine, but would like to change it from the randomly generated one to something I'll (hopefully) remember. Had a look in the FAQ, and couldn't see anything specifically on changing a password. Of course it's always possible I've missed something glaringly obvious...

It is probably in user profile somewhere

I doubt you will find a used dealer local to you and if you did, the chances of them dealing in these saws are almost zero. However, of the two that you have mentioned, I don't think that you will be disappointed with either. If you buy secondhand at a sensible price you can always move it on via eBay if necessary.

At least having a current "rubbish one" you know in which areas it is lacking, so can check on its replacement in these areas- fences can be upgraded if necessary

Thanks Marcros,
I managed to find the password stuff by doing a search. This path might help if anyone else is stuggling: User Tools> User Control Panel> Profile> Edit account settings.

The rest sounds like good advice, and appreciate your vote of confidence in them. Will just have to be patient and wait for something to come up north of the border.
Best,
Sven

I don't know about the Axmimster saw but I bought a Sheppach TS250 about 8 years ago for £650. It came with a sliding table (long version) and a folding side table, all alloy and a spare blade. I think it is a nice piece of kit. I saw a test report comparing it with a Kity but I can't remember where. The report pointed out advantages and disadvantages on both models and did not conclude that one was better than the other so I suppose it is a case of what is available in your area at a suitable price. I had not intended spending that much but I am glad now that I did. I really like it.

K

Back