It's too hot to sleep....

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karl

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, the title says it all I suppose.

My kids think so too.

Cheers

Karl

Come to my house its 58* here and a mild cool wind,you would think your back home.Overcast right now,dang chilly....

8 year old Dan's bedroom is being decorated so he was in with us last night - nightmare!

I retreated to the nice cool leather sofa downstairs and slept like a log. Best of all the kettle and computer were almost within reach when I woke up.

:lol:

Brad

Had the fan going all night so it was just about OK, but didn't get to sleep till about 1.30am and was up again at 5am. Sparky, the cat, reckons the ceramic tiled floor in the kitchen is best.......

Cheers :wink:

Paul

Oh man, I had a cold shower before bed, fan on full blast over me and SWMBO all night, all bedroom windows and velux's open full and still woke up all through the night drenched in sweat.

Saying that, that isn't unusual for me even in mid winter when SWMBO is tucked under the duvet complaining it's freezing I still have the windows open and duvet thrown back. I'm like a furnace at the coldest of times so this heat is driving me insane.

Can't complain though, better than rain ;)

Must be all that 'industry' oop north. "Trouble at t'mill Granville" Everything down here is too cool for school. ;)

Karl, Brad, Paul, Mark

We are having a long overdue bit of decent weather. It is not hot, it is just quite warm. Temperatures are no higher than we have had frequently in the past and survived!:roll: Just adapt your lifestyle to suit Hot is 40 degrees plus.

Stop complaining and enjoy.

Richard

I had 26 degrees at 7:30am yesterday, 31 I think is the highest I've noticed so far...

Excellent cooler in the 'shop though :D

76 it was hot that year it was also the year I got maried and standing in church with a 3 piece suit was not fun, and I had a hangover.

john

That's why I bought a portable aircon unit from Comet 2 years ago. Still going strong and coosl down our bedrooms nicely. Best £169 I ever spent ;)

The summer of 76 wasn't simply hot, it was the longest hot spell of the century.

Roy.

Yesterday SWMBO said to me "what's the matter, are you poorly?"
Me: " No I'm fine , a bit hot & tired but OK , Why?"
SWMBO: "well you have not been in your workshop for three days"

I'm worrying now that I'm seriously ill :shock: :shock:

Digit said:
The summer of 76 wasn't simply hot, it was the longest hot spell of the century.

Roy.[/quote

Yeah! I remember now.

They appointed a Minister of Drought (Howell??) And the day after it started to rain and rain and rain.

Most successful government minister in history IMHO :lol:

That's correct Lurker. I was in charge of a plastics moulding division in Brum at the time so you can imagine what the heat was like there!
The long dry spell dried out the clay under my house and the drains broke up, I was four feet down in a trench when the rains came, and came, and came .......!

Roy.

hmm seem to have missed that one by a few yrs ;)

I remember the summer of 76 as we literally lived on the beach. What a time for an 11 year old boy :lol:

The summer of 77 was worse, millions of ladybirds and yello gooh everywhere.

Andy (sitting at home with a cough and cold feeling sorry for himself)

Latest posts

Back