Is this just another scam attempt

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bingy man

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
earlier today I received a message supposedly from EVRI delivery saying as below . Having thought about it and thinking it’s most likely bogus I then thought if the delivery label is damaged and it can’t be delivered then how do they know to contact me .. 🤔🤔

Attachments

• IMG_3082.png
    IMG_3082.png
    422.7 KB · Views: 0
Of course it is a scam. If you have a package on the way go back to the order and track the package to see what it says. They want you to click the links so they can inject a data mining software to get information. DELETE IT without opening it. I had a similar message on Easter Monday supposedly from Canada Post telling me the label was damaged. Firstly the post office doesn't work on Statutory holidays and I had no packages on the way to me from anyone.

Pete

One obvious sign is the url evri-our.quest rather than their usual evri.com

That alone would make me disregard it

Of course it is a scam. If you have a package on the way go back to the order and track the package to see what it says. They want you to click the links so they can inject a data mining software to get information. DELETE IT without opening it. I had a similar message on Easter Monday supposedly from Canada Post telling me the label was damaged. Firstly the post office doesn't work on Statutory holidays and I had no packages on the way to me from anyone.

Pete
Deleted and reported as a scam

It also states “open in safari”, no company would suggest that. It suggests they are working from an apple product. Any genuine message would say “open in a browser” to cover all operating systems.

How's the weather in Saskatoon? Haven't been there for aeons - and then it was summer time.

Down town the main streets are so wide one either needs to run like "H..." to make it to 'tother side, or take refuge on the central island and wait for another lights change. They made that way in the early days so as to allow ox pulled wagons etc. to make a U-turn... Salt Lake City has similar in the down town area.

If you are unsure about an email you can usually find a lot about its 'journey' to help you decide. This is what to do in Gmail on a laptop, but other mail systems will do similar - for instance in Thuderbird you can go to view - all headers to get the same information.

So - gmail on laptop: open the email (never click on any links, and unless you have a business account no 'read receipt' will be sent so the sender won't see a trail). Towards the right of the email level with the sender address are the usual reply, star etc buttons and three dots, click on those and select "show original" from the list that appears. The email will opens in a new window and you can see the original source. Scrolling down will show all the servers the mail has been through. There may genuinely be a few steps, lots of corporates have complicated routing, but it (say) purports to be from Evri and the originating server says its from "I am a villan in a faraway place.com" or anything that doesn't make sense then its spam or phishing. Delete and/or report.

Sounds complicated, its not. Quick after the first time.

Hope that helps.

How's the weather in Saskatoon? Haven't been there for aeons - and then it was summer time.

Down town the main streets are so wide one either needs to run like "H..." to make it to 'tother side, or take refuge on the central island and wait for another lights change. They made that way in the early days so as to allow ox pulled wagons etc. to make a U-turn... Salt Lake City has similar in the down town area.
Spring is here and it has been about 15C or so the last few days but there is supposed to be about 100mm of snow on Wednesday so winter is still holding on a little. Streets are still the same sans the oxen and the lights are longer. Instead there are a lot of twits that drive like a bat out of hello what was that?

I had a new scam this morning from "Amazon" telling me my Prime renewal was declined. Terrible graphics and the address was nothing like Amazon. Blocked and deleted. Ratbags will try anything to sucker people.

Pete

Latest posts

Back