It's too hot to sleep....

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was born in '76 so don't remember it, but my mum does and boy does she make sure I know about it... ;)

wizer":2rzas2vd said:
Must be all that 'industry' oop north. "Trouble at t'mill Granville" Everything down here is too cool for school. Wink
Haha, yep, had to keep kicking the whippet off the bed.

thomvic":2rzas2vd said:
Karl, Brad, Paul, Mark

We are having a long overdue bit of decent weather. It is not hot, it is just quite warm. Temperatures are no higher than we have had frequently in the past and survived!Rolling Eyes Just adapt your lifestyle to suit Hot is 40 degrees plus.

Stop complaining and enjoy.
Easy there Tiger! My thermometer in my bedroom was 29C at 11pm last night, in this country that is HOT! Who's complaining about it? Making comment yes, complaining no. See below:

TrimTheKing":2rzas2vd said:
Saying that, that isn't unusual for me even in mid winter when SWMBO is tucked under the duvet complaining it's freezing I still have the windows open and duvet thrown back. I'm like a furnace at the coldest of times so this heat is driving me insane.

Can't complain though, better than rain Wink
Let me know how I can adapt my lifestyle to suit. I already sleep on top of the duvet in only my undies, with a fan blowing, please tell me what more I can do and I'm happy to...

:wink:

I was born in '76 so don't remember it, but my mum does and boy does she make sure I know about it.

Would you have us old 'uns denied the chance of putting you youngsters in your place.
Remember, you'll be a boring old fart one day! :lol:

Roy.

TrimTheKing":3dd993qk said:
I already sleep on top of the duvet in only my undies

now theres an image we didnt need :sick:

joking aside try putting your pillow in a plastic bag and putting it in the freezer for a couple of hours before you go to bed

Digit":igu4byj5 said:
Anyone remember 76?

Roy.

Too right I do, I picked that summer to remove my old lawn and replace it. I'm just about back to fitness.

Davon

Digit":16ypiwdg said:
I was born in '76 so don't remember it, but my mum does and boy does she make sure I know about it.

Would you have us old 'uns denied the chance of putting you youngsters in your place.
Remember, you'll be a boring old fart one day! :lol:

Roy.
:D

No probs Roy, I am looking forward to when I'm old and grumpy and giving the same grief to my little one ;)

Mum is constantly reminding me how she had to carry me through the hottest summer in earths history :D

matt":16ypiwdg said:
Sleeping is not the problem. Commuting does it for me - humid crotch syndrome by the time I get home.
Oh yes, I know that one! 2 hours a day home from Euston and suit trousers don't last too long between visits to the cleaners... :sick:

I might post a pic of me in pants, but disguised as a project WIP, that'll get you! ;)

Seriously though, the pillow idea sounds good, will try that tonight.

I remember the summer of 1976 really well. It was the busiest time I have ever spent - fires everywhere!
At one point we heard a radio message that every single pumping appliance in the brigade was committed. That has never happened since.
Bloody good fun, most of the time! But such hard work!

SF

matt":30gh6q3x said:
Sleeping is not the problem. Commuting does it for me - humid crotch syndrome by the time I get home.

I thought I'd has a good idea this morning to counter the problem of 'Betty Swallocks'.

I went to work in a pair of swimming shorts. Plenty of room and ventilation.

:lol:

All went well until mid afternoon. Then the chafing began. And continued!

I limped home at 7.30 almost crying in agony. Don't do it!

Now where's that Sudocrem?

Brad

Digit":1gznpsb0 said:
The summer of 76 wasn't simply hot, it was the longest hot spell of the century.

Roy.

Terrible year for taxi- ing here in Torbay, everyone walked home at nights from the clubs. But my water sking business kept me going 12 hours a day.

Back