It’s the simple things

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LarryS.

Established Member
Reaction score
May not be worth a post, but today I stole an hour away from the family and made a couple of simple storage options for my drills and chargers.

My grand plan is to make storage for all my regular tools I use within reach of the bench, so the bench has space for whatever I’m working on

79ed83328bfb877044d8b2433056b042.jpg
471a4affe3942d1c29efc6c94d7f55b2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nice job. All those 'little' details soon add up and you have a clear space to work and a five minute job is just a five minute job instead of an hour looking for everything you need.

how strange? I was making drill holders as well today

Attachments

• 20181028_163806.jpg
    20181028_163806.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 326
Stanleymonkey":2v9ackfe said:
Nice job. All those 'little' details soon add up and you have a clear space to work and a five minute job is just a five minute job instead of an hour looking for everything you need.
That's how it was for me as well. Started with the lighting, then storing things so they are to hand. And yes, a five minute job does take five minutes now!

Like it. Efficiency.
After a year of shed ban while working on the house I have been trying to simplify, tidy up and become a little efficient. Simplify processes so honing a plane iron doesn't stop 'production' it just becomes a hiccup. We'll get there.
On that note, I too have been been thinking about tidy tools storage. Here's some pics.

Qd34Wis.jpg

I9x9hBG.jpg

x1d68dD.jpg

Wait, wait, wait! Wrong file!
How do you delete photos! Ohhh shhhiii...
My cat walked over my keyboard!
My Mum did it!
Gaw Bleess Muricay!
*Frantically whistles Stars Strangled Pandas!!!! *out of tune*
I'm one of you! I swear to Jeebus! I'm one of youuuuuuuu!'

Lol, fair play! Was a bit off the wall I suppose. I was thinking about the bit where he stores the gun in the pipes under the car. Bespoke Tool storage. Trump just sprang to mind and is no reflection on my political views, just moral ones. The second post was purely for the FBI and NSA. Triggerwords. If they hadn't seen it before they will now! :D
OK. My sense of humour is a little below radar sometimes. Apologies.
I'm gonna duck under my desk with my foil cap on before they track me and burst through the windo.... hold on, that's odd. Won't be a sec, there's someone knocking at the door. Quite loudly too if I say so myself. :|
Probably the milkman. I owe him £9.20. Back in a sec!

Love it!!!!

Writing as a fully paid up, eclectic cynic and alternative thinker, you have my approval and a virtual handclap, Sir! Rock on!

Sam, disapprover of tools of every nationality and creed. Specially ones that buy themselves into positions of influence.

Bm101, you're completely MAD!!!!!!!!! Personally I LURV it. :D :D :D

But back to boring reality - yup, agreed, though it's possible to go TOO far IMO, BUT having everything to hand is a big help in the shop.

Mentioned above I been out my lovely shed for nearly a year while working on the house. Sometimes I'd pop down and look at it, full of boxes, rubbish, xmas decorations, the cage with the orphans. But recently I'm having what people in posher jobs than mine call a hiatus from the house. I've put my foot down. I'm even cracking on between real work with actually completing the Everlasting Bench Build. Dum Dum Duuuum!

Just today I took this pic to show close I came to A Very Bad Day.
Cutting out the vise support on the back of the leg. Spot the near miss! :roll:

I6mEDNE.jpg

All in all, the thing I find most surprising about woodworking as a hobby is not the cost of tools, or even sharpening debates, the peculiarities of different timber properties .... it's the fact that I took up a hobby that requires the neccessity of using a fookin hoover.
I clean windows for a living.
People sometimes say in a happy way, 'It's a small world!'
Not if you have to clean it it's not I mutter.
Yet there I am.
Hoovering.
WTF.

Back