Is it any wonder why.....

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cozzer

Established Member
Reaction score
... there seems to be so much trouble on the streets?

Watch this from the BBC yesterday - - showing a car deliberately driven at somebody, before a stabbing - and then think about the sentence handed down.

23 months, suspended.

and we expect the police force to stay motivated and put themselves in harms way. The reason sentences are so lenient is to keep tax down and not over crowd our underfunded prison service, Scandinavia have shown how much better it can be done but we would need to pay much higher tax. If we did more things would work , you'd be able to see a doctor, ambulances would arrive on time yada yada.

In a few years time these scrotes will be parents......

and we expect the police force to stay motivated and put themselves in harms way. The reason sentences are so lenient is to keep tax down and not over crowd our underfunded prison service, Scandinavia have shown how much better it can be done but we would need to pay much higher tax. If we did more things would work , you'd be able to see a doctor, ambulances would arrive on time yada yada.

In a few years time these scrotes will be parents......
You'd probably have to pay 3x more tax and live with a personal tax free allowance of just under £7000 before the 52% tax rate kicks in. Oh, and add on 100% tax on your car and a huge annual road tax/charge/thingy/whatever its called nowadays.

But 23 months, suspended?!

Presumably a nicked Merc, driven by someone with no licence, insurance etc., moronic enough to try to mow someone down - if you watch the video carefully you'll see that he actually speeds up - then chase and stab the kid with a machete (?) - it certainly didn't appear to be "just a knife"...
Is that not "attempted murder"?

And if he "behaves" himself - a.k.a."not getting caught" - for a certain time period, he won't have to do any time in prison anyway.

Well, that'll teach him, eh?!

Not really sure harsher prison sentences does much either. Look at the USA, they have some very harsh sentences and it does little to curb violent crime. All that ever seems to happen in prison is they get physically fitter and learn to be worse from the environment they are in.

I agree in some cases the sentence doesn't seem to match the crime though.

How much crime do they actually record?
Depends.

Police assaults are up, but then merely laying a finger on one constitutes an assault. So if the officer isnt injured in the slightest and it was simply touching them, this still constitutes an assault, which they then convey to the general public and reconfigure laws that wouldn't be out of place in 1930's Germany*

*Oops, best be careful here....

I agree in some cases the sentence doesn't seem to match the crime though.

White collar crime being a prime example.

Do we actually have a real police force anymore, whenever you see them on Tv they are either social workers or trying to manage crowds of anti social drunks and the rest seem to be corrupt or involved in some form of criminal activity.

I do not believe we are born with any concept of right and wrong which is learnt through childhood, it is a behavior we are taught and pick up from parents etc etc but now discipline has taken a backfoot then is this just the end result of decades of kids growing up without restraint.

I was working one night at about 4am when a woman walked into the bar. She was in tears, stark naked and blood from head to toe. My husband ............. she said. I asked if she wanted the police called and she said no. I got her into another bedroom and told her to phone if she changed her mind. Half an hour later the husband came down. Where's my wife? I'm not telling you. You've no right to keep her from she's my wife. He was about 5'2", getting stroppier and stroppier and I was willing him to lay a finger on me. I'm going to call the police! Feel free, I said and handed him the phone. They had been married for three weeks to the day, we'd done their wedding reception.
The police came, and he thumped one of them. Neither the wife nor the police pressed charges.

Do we actually have a real police force anymore, whenever you see them on Tv they are either social workers or trying to manage crowds of anti social drunks and the rest seem to be corrupt or involved in some form of criminal activity.
The problem with this though is that you are shown the bits that make it all seem exciting, and by people with an agenda.

The same way 90% of tweets are posted by 10% of the people.

I imagine most police officers go about their job like anyone else except having to deal with sometimes violent or disturbing instances amongst boring and inane disputes and then have to write a load of boring reports incase someone decides they don't like how something was done.

It's the same with safer streets for women. As a man I am 3 x more likely to be murdered than a woman and it's more likely by someone I don't know i.e. when I'm out and about. So the notion that men can wander freely and women can't is just plain wrong. But the group campaigning on behalf of women are more successful at getting their message out. In some part this comes back to agendas and fear of crime politics often comes into play.

It's the same with safer streets for women. As a man I am 3 x more likely to be murdered than a woman and it's more likely by someone I don't know i.e. when I'm out and about.
But for the poor women it is often by someone much closer to home they do know so which is worse.

Latest posts

Back