I couldn't resist doing this ...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What next "The Pink Floyds" at Argos 9-) they are another one of those rowdy beatnik quartets Awright Naz? lol

RogerS":2v7199wb said:
Ah, just looked them up on Wikipedia.
"Smack My puppy Up" was one of their numbers apparently. How eloquent :shock:

Not what you might first think from the song title Roger. It's actually a sad and poignant ballad regarding a female Beagle named Moira who was rescued from an animal testing facility. It tells of the struggles to cure her of her imposed drug addiction and the struggles Keith the singer faced in getting her to go cold turkey. In the end she couldn't adjust. A sad and cautionary tale.

Bm101":1rircukv said:
RogerS":1rircukv said:

Not what you might first think from the song title Roger. It's actually a sad and poignant ballad regarding a female Beagle named Moira who was rescued from an animal testing facility. It tells of the struggles to cure her of her imposed drug addiction and the struggles Keith the singer faced in getting her to go cold turkey. In the end she couldn't adjust. A sad and cautionary tale.
Uh huh!

Bm101":q0i7580t said:
RogerS":q0i7580t said:

:D

I actually looked them up on Qobuz to see what they sounded like. Mmmmmm..... #-o

RogerS":3tdqk22n said:
Bm101":3tdqk22n said:
RogerS":3tdqk22n said:

:D

I actually looked them up on Qobuz to see what they sounded like. Mmmmmm..... #-o

If you ever drew the courage to watch the video for that song, you'd see just how clever this song is with a very interesting twist. Worthy of Tales of the Unexpected (Series 1, not the rest of the dross).

I quite like the Prodigy.

Can't say they're what I'd put on when I'm trying to turn something in the workshop though...!

Wuffles":35j5s546 said:
If you ever drew the courage to watch the video for that song, you'd see just how clever this song is with a very interesting twist.

Do you happen to know if "the twist" was inherent in the song, or a creation of the video director?

BugBear

I think we should take this opportunity to face our musical differences. :D
My name is Chris and I haven't listened to any Prodigy for 9 days now.
This might bridge the gap.
(Wooo Music thread!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdVWmJXoZqk
Florence and the machine but its posh as you like. Royal Albert Hall. Orchestra and maybe the best singer of the last 20 years.
:wink:

Latest posts

Back