how do they do it?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tombo

Established Member
Reaction score
£3 jeans £17 dvdplayer £20 suit

and today in tesco i could not resist a £4.97 mp3 player :shock:
no display but 256mb headphones and even a battery! Works great listening to it now.

Tom

I'm afraid that sadly the answer comprises 4 words

China

Sweat-shop

Poverty

thing is we all like the cheap goods (tools) and perpetuate it - most of my power tools came form China

O.K. I 'fess' up, I bought one. Although I did not go especially to buy one as I didn't even know they had them 'till we went to shop there on Wednesday. Don't normally shop there y'see. Just went for a change of scenery. Enough with the 'excuses' already!!!!!

Never even entered me little noggin about where it was made or who made it, I have to say. Which proves that the ploy works & you just see the price & it goes from there. The battery lasted about 20 mins. So, do you buy & they get paid peanuts? or do you boycott & they get nothing?
What's the answer?

Just remember this is not a political forum. That'll save the mods a bit of time. :)
cheers, sliver.

like you say sliver what stuff we are buying for peanuts makes jobs where there would be none. although the conditions and pay are dire by our standards, by theirs its good and its the only way the third world can make economic growth....look at some of the other "third world" countries now and how they were 20 years ago! :?

Latest posts

Back