hot melt glue guns - bulk offer

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone know of any other places to read reviews of the Tec305, nothing on amazon and the reviews on the Bosch have put me off a little bit.

I used my TEC 305-12 for the first time two days ago, had to glue back up the timber surround in the conservatory in four place's, been putting it off for a while, found the small nozzle at bit disconcerting at first, but once the gun was at full temperature you can put on a small or large bead of glue just by slowing the application process, and that by no means is slow, the timber I was gluing back up it 2.5M long and 100mm deep so lots of glue needed and stayed just soft enough to be pushed into place, well its still up two days later.

Mike

phil.p":167npm14 said:
Rorschach":167npm14 said:
Anyone know of any other places to read reviews of the Tec305, nothing on amazon and the reviews on the Bosch have put me off a little bit.

You can read some on the gluegunsdirect site - I don't know whether they only publish good ones, though.

That was my concern, a bit like reading Rutlands reviews lol.

What are you chaps worried about, its an £18.00 piece of kit and very good at that price IMO.

And I can vouch for the reviews on their site, the first one is mine and there are 21 pages of review, more than I have ever seen on anything. :roll:

Mike

Phone Ian at Glue guns direct, I am sure he will help, I don't see why they shouldn't, but I expect they will drip.

Mike

Update in case anyone was interested, Tec glue guns won't work with 11mm glue sticks, I'll probably end up going for the Bosch then I think.

I was surprised how much more there is in a 12mm stick - they don't need replacing quite so often, which is an advantage if you're using a lot. Do you use a particular glue that's only available in 11mm or have you mountains of 11mm sticks to use?

Did Tec tell you or did someone else? :D I must admit the deal I bought got me so many 12mm ones I've not needed to try the 11mms- I bought some very cheap so I'll go to the club and sell them on for what I paid. There are many people there who just will not buy in bulk, so are glad to buy small parcels.

Do not try loading 11mm sticks in a gun designed for 12mm unless the specification says it is capable of taking 11mm.

The rear seals may not close down sufficiently and hot melted glue will leak back along the stick under use pressure.

This ruins the gun as you can no longer advance a cooled stick or get it back out again.

Of course. It would be quite easy to see if you returned the gun as faulty, as well. Tec do a good deal on exchange of faulty out of guarantee guns, so coupled with having more sticks than I will used during the guarantee period, I'm quite happy to stick (haha) with their 12mm products.

phil.p":1ze8dvov said:
As an aside - I wonder the purpose of making and marketing 11.2mm sticks? Why is 0.2mm so important?

Might be to ensure they are a good seal in a 7/16" device

That advice was direct from Tec, I contacted them over the weekend.

I don't have a particular love of 11mm sticks, I just have half a lifetime supply and it seems silly to buy a gun that won't use them up.

Thanks for all the comments and links.
The glue gun I have is a Loctite and is only 19w - I think that is probably the cause of my problems. So I shall choose a higher rated one and hope for a big improvement.

Titan - Cheap as chips, bought one from screwfix , as I lost my last one. 25W seems to heat up quickly, 2 year guarantee. Works as advertised. Its just a glue gun, fit for purpose at cheapest price.

Rough spec : Glue stick dia. required: 11mm. Gluing capacity: 10g/min. Operating temp: 195°C. Cable length: 2m. Weight: 0.25kg. 50Hz. Includes Plug.

http://www.screwfix.com/p/titan-ttb580h ... 240v/16101

Back