HVLP Sprayers investigation and review

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
johnnyb you are very old school wanting full 9.5 psi at the tip you are getting into the realms of bounce back, I don't suppose I will convince you, but a good HVLP will out perform a compressor and conversion gun on every count, especially the amount of paint used and the amount of overspray from any type of compressor using that sort of pressure, but each to his own, my compressor does not get used for spraying anymore in fact I don't even know if it still works.

Wardrobe doors 2.4M high, Fuji 4 with a pressure pot without a problem.

DSC01455.jpeg

Attachments

• DSC01455.jpeg
    DSC01455.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 330
i only use a turbine. but every high end car sprayer I know use hvlp conversion guns exclusively( with large compresors) they also use 3m pps bags (similar to the edge 2)

The whole point of HVLP is the reduction in pressure to achieve a good result High Volume Low Pressure and reduce the need for a large compressor, increasing the pressure will increase the bounce back and waste's a lot of paint another good reason to use HVLP, it was only after the advent of HVLP with turbines that the industry realised they where missing out on its advantages and invented the HVLP conversion guns, both the McLaren and Mercedes F1 teams use HVLP at the race track, can't seem to find what is used when they send their cars away to be sprayed seems most of them use AkzoNobel spraying facilities.

Latest posts

Back