Members can turn off viewing Ads!

Glue gun prob, recommends?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

GrahamRounce

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi -
I've had a couple of glue guns, one cheapo, the other the Lidl Parkside one (inexpensive but not quite cheapo). They were both let down by the ultra-feeble plastic trigger/feed "mechanism".
Putting any pressure on the trigger, which let's face it everyone does to see if the nozzle is hot enough, and kaput. Not even a decent noise, just a little crunch and it never works "again".

I've looked a little on this site, but didn't see this nentioned.
* Does anyone have one with a metal, unbreakable, abusable feed system?
* Has anyone had thiis problem with type X but not type Y?

People seem to swear by how useful they are, and how long theirs has lasted, so they must be out there?
I don't see how some can even be sold. Even for the cheapest, there's only ONE mechanical thing to get right, fgs!

Thanks very much, sorry to rant,
Graham.

Steliz

Camberwell Carrot
Reaction score
I had the trigger break on my glue gun just recently. I opened it up and there was a little plastic split peg acting as a rotating point between 2 parts and it had broken. I snapped off the remaining part and drilled the plastic to accept a small screw and Bob was indeed my uncle.

sunnybob

wysiwyg
Reaction score
What steliz said. Its a plastic pivot. drill it out and put a metal bolt through (making sure of course that its nowhere near the metal heating circuit :shock: )

GrahamRounce

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I guess, ok...

It's not unusual to find things these days that after little use need fixing, which can be done to about 10x the original quality/reliability.

It's a annoying though, esp imagining how many people must just chuck them away.

Thanks,

Phil Pascoe

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
GrahamRounce":1derf0kx said:
phil.p":1derf0kx said:
of course, https://www.gluegunsdirect.com/shop/cle ... 30secs-gp/ is enough to last most people a lifetime. This I know, as I have 167 left. :D
This is just the glue rods, right?
Yes. I just pointed it out as 12mm sticks aren't so common as 11mm ones. Expensive for something we don't use huge amounts of, but it's once in a blue moon unless you can split with someone.

bourbon

Established Member
Reaction score
Steliz":2erlqh9p said:
I had the trigger break on my glue gun just recently. I opened it up and there was a little plastic split peg acting as a rotating point between 2 parts and it had broken. I snapped off the remaining part and drilled the plastic to accept a small screw and Bob was indeed my uncle.
exactly what I did with mine good a new ( I hate throwing things away)