Glue gun prob, recommends?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrahamRounce

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Hi -
I've had a couple of glue guns, one cheapo, the other the Lidl Parkside one (inexpensive but not quite cheapo). They were both let down by the ultra-feeble plastic trigger/feed "mechanism".
Putting any pressure on the trigger, which let's face it everyone does to see if the nozzle is hot enough, and kaput. Not even a decent noise, just a little crunch and it never works "again".

I've looked a little on this site, but didn't see this nentioned.
* Does anyone have one with a metal, unbreakable, abusable feed system?
* Has anyone had thiis problem with type X but not type Y?

People seem to swear by how useful they are, and how long theirs has lasted, so they must be out there?
I don't see how some can even be sold. Even for the cheapest, there's only ONE mechanical thing to get right, fgs!

Thanks very much, sorry to rant,
Graham.

I had the trigger break on my glue gun just recently. I opened it up and there was a little plastic split peg acting as a rotating point between 2 parts and it had broken. I snapped off the remaining part and drilled the plastic to accept a small screw and Bob was indeed my uncle.

What steliz said. Its a plastic pivot. drill it out and put a metal bolt through (making sure of course that its nowhere near the metal heating circuit :shock: )

Yeah, I guess, ok...

It's not unusual to find things these days that after little use need fixing, which can be done to about 10x the original quality/reliability.

It's a annoying though, esp imagining how many people must just chuck them away.

Thanks,

GrahamRounce":1derf0kx said:
phil.p":1derf0kx said:
of course, https://www.gluegunsdirect.com/shop/cle ... 30secs-gp/ is enough to last most people a lifetime. This I know, as I have 167 left. :D
This is just the glue rods, right?
Yes. I just pointed it out as 12mm sticks aren't so common as 11mm ones. Expensive for something we don't use huge amounts of, but it's once in a blue moon unless you can split with someone.

Steliz":2erlqh9p said:
I had the trigger break on my glue gun just recently. I opened it up and there was a little plastic split peg acting as a rotating point between 2 parts and it had broken. I snapped off the remaining part and drilled the plastic to accept a small screw and Bob was indeed my uncle.
exactly what I did with mine good a new ( I hate throwing things away)

Back