Horror Photo - not for the sqeamish!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

9fingers

Established Member
Reaction score
Well it just had to be done.

Weeks of agonising to see if I could avoid cutting the those nice long guide bars supplier with the Xcalibur table saws.

Today I just needed to commission the saw. The 19amp supply was installed ready and I needed to make sawdust and more importantly fit the saw into it's operational position in the workshop so I could measure up for benches.

Scroll down if you are feeling strong!!

Out with the power hacksaw and off with the end.

Img_0218.jpg

Bob

Nurse! NURSE!!!!

It cost me £20 to buy some steel and another £25 to have it sprayed for a short set, leaving me with the long ones if I ever need them...

S

Did I mention you really need to leave them 36" long so as to be able to make a 32" cut if neccesary..... :twisted:

Alan

Woody Alan":2xgc0l8w said:
Did I mention you really need to leave them 36" long so as to be able to make a 32" cut if neccesary..... :twisted:

Alan

The problem is that my workshop is long and narrow - only 2.8m wide.
The TS with uncut rails left me with only 800mm between the edge of the table and the other wall.
The rails are now 1.4m long giving me the ability to cut 700mm with ease and 1.4m clearance betwixt wall & table. This will let me rip a 8x4 sheet down the centre with ease and I can jury rig something for the ocasional wider cut.
As Steve has noted, if all else fails, new rails can be made from stock steel sections.

bob

Travis Byrne":117ex64n said:
Bob

At the very least, you could have spruced up the power hacksaw for the event. :D :D

Travis

Hi Travis,

I wanted the contrast to show the the shiny new guide bar off to best effect! :lol:

Bob

WOW...

I cant believe you did that. It really is not safe to operate power tools whilst under the influence of drink or drugs !!

It must be photoshop ......but then you would have added 25 bessey clamps in the background i guess :wink:

congratulations for having the courage for such a drastic modification

Happy days
Phil

Latest posts

Back