Installing Mira shower ERD

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamiePattison

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a shower which I want to replace with a new Mira ERD shower.

What I've noticed is the wall brackets that are supplied with the shower don't need to be fitted as the pipe coming out of the wall is the same as the wall bracket supplied.

If I use a concealing plate and put it over the existing wall brackets then I can't screw in the shower as the concealing plate covers the bracket. Without the concealing plate the bar valve screws in.

At 3 minutes in this video you will notice how they have use the bracket

Here's a link to the installation guide and page 3 lists the items in referring to

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...UQFnoECBAQAQ&usg=AOvVaw2S8_aO0k4wJxNTkaBd9ms9
Could I screw in the shower without the concealing plate or do I need additional plumbing carried out?

I’m not a 100% sure I know what you’re saying but I’m thinking you don’t want to drill additional holes in the wall/ tiles etc then have to fill them in . Do a dry run and if everything lines up and nothing is strained or under severe tension then go for it . Most shower fittings are similar and are somewhat interchangeable. Depending on the plumbing layout it’s a good idea to fit 2 15mm full bore isolation valves to the hot and cold supply’s for future maintenance.

Back