Not so smart meter

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Furthermore the so-called doctors who don't have the faintest idea about anything outside of allopathic medicine, as all they 'study' has been put in their heads by big pharma, which if you aren't aware, is DEEPLY misguided and misinformed. So take it from me, I don't 'need' experts, they are the last one's I'd ask, and I trust natural, integrated medicine. We are run by headless, hence clueless people in the main. But I'm getting off the OP topic here, though wanted to illustrate why following experts is not always a wise choice; and by default therefore doing one's own research, as I indeed to. Don't believe all you read in the mainstream media! ;) People put too much faith in it, when we really need just to open our eyes and dutifully do our own research.
That's pretty much the textbook paragraph of the conspiracy theorist.

I assume that next time you go on holiday you'll refuse to have your plane flown by one of those indoctrinated so called experts? You know, the ones they call "pilots"?

I don't u
I assume that next time you go on holiday you'll refuse to have your plane flown by one of those indoctrinated so called experts? You know, the ones they call "pilots"?

I don't go on holiday by plane, I'm too worried the pilot might get lost and fly off the edge of the world.

Changed supplier at beginning of month. Several emails saying, 'Do nothing, the readings are all taken from the smart meter. Today, email from original supplier asking to read meter as they were not able to able to read the smart meter.

Changed supplier at beginning of month. Several emails saying, 'Do nothing, the readings are all taken from the smart meter. Today, email from original supplier asking to read meter as they were not able to able to read the smart meter.
Could be down to you switching supplier; the old supplier may no longer have the rights to access your meter data.

Make sure you photo the reading sent to your old supplier and notify the new one of the reading you sent. I had a right old fight when I changed suppliers, the old one didn't like my final reading and estimated well over what I had used. The new one and the old couldn't agree who's final reading they should use. It ended up with both trying to charge me for the same units, I had to email the MD of the old supplier before I could get it sorted.

I have a smart meter but can't get my head around what is so smart about it. I have been pretty complacent of the previous year and have not really monitored the electric bill. I was so surprised that my most recent bill showed over payment of nearly £2000. I called them up and, they have reimbursed the money pretty much straight away. They had been sat on my money for around a year though

Is it impossible for them to just charge for the energy we use and when you find yourself in credit take it off the next bill. I thought smart meters were connected and they could monitor your use centrally. They are set of robbing bar stewards.

I have a smart meter but can't get my head around what is so smart about it. I have been pretty complacent of the previous year and have not really monitored the electric bill. I was so surprised that my most recent bill showed over payment of nearly £2000. I called them up and, they have reimbursed the money pretty much straight away. They had been sat on my money for around a year though

Is it impossible for them to just charge for the energy we use and when you find yourself in credit take it off the next bill. I thought smart meters were connected and they could monitor your use centrally. They are set of robbing bar stewards.
Is that just because they'd set a monthly direct debit figure that was too high vs your use, and built up a nice credit of your money? I.e. not really anything to do with the meter being (or not being) "smart".

I think the general idea is that the utility company(or robbing b@stard, as I call them) try to find a monthly direct debit figure that averages out over the year.

I think the general idea is that the utility company(or robbing b@stard, as I call them) try to find a monthly direct debit figure that averages out over the year.
Yep. This.

I would suspect that for many (most?) people, having a predictable regular direct debit payment would be better than the amount fluctuating month to month.

I do agree that the utilities do seem to like to shoot for a higher figure though; often building up a credit of your money.

"I am right with RWoody, who qualifies the "experts"."

Does he, now? Well at least we know who to blame.
We have been badgered by OVO to have a smart meter fitted, probably for over 18 months. We eventually agreed when they said our meter was no longer guaranteed to give accurate readings. They didn't turn up, but did telephone at 8:00 on the morning to cancel. They made another appointment for about 3 weeks ago. Same result. No contact since. They paid £25 for the first missed appointment though.

K

We have been badgered by OVO to have a smart meter fitted, probably for over 18 months. We eventually agreed when they said our meter was no longer guaranteed to give accurate readings. They didn't turn up, but did telephone at 8:00 on the morning to cancel. They made another appointment for about 3 weeks ago. Same result. No contact since. They paid £25 for the first missed appointment though.

K
Well done!
Although what on earth that has to do with me, I have no idea!

Back