Home made ducting for extraction.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How strange!

I was thinking about couplings from MDF..but this puts a whole new dimension to the idea....

Mmmm thinks!

Thanks for posting that...I will have to read it properly when I am more awake over the weekend

Cheers

Jim

This showed up in another thread not so long ago. Looks like a great idea to me, so i got some hard board for about £5 a sheet from a customer and when i get some time i'm going to do the same. The hardboard looks smoother then the mdf. Will be a bit tricky gluing together but will defiantly save some money, well not if you include the time.

Any how it will be nice to have a proper dust collection system. Thanks for sharing and reminding me.

A nice looking job. Coincidentally i was today introduced to this purpose made phenolic foam, glass fibre and aluminium foil skinned ducting board by the guys doing the bits for my dust system. Click to open the .pdf at the bottom: http://www.barbourproductsearch.info/ve ... 02883.html

It's very light, a good insulator, and is fire resistant - to what standard i'm not sure. Square ducting is fabricated directly from it. One question is how it might hold up if transporting wood chips.

It's also possibly a candidate for skinning spray booth walls...

Back