Startrite Bandsaw Dust Extraction

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keithy1959

Established Member
Reaction score
I've just bought an old Bandit 12-S-1, and whilst I know that dust extraction is not a design feature, I am a little dismayed at the amount of dust that is carried all around the blade path, and drops out by the blade guard post back onto the table. Does anyone have any tips or fixes to keep the dust in the bottom of the machine please? I'm thinking brushes onto the wheel/blade but not sure if this is a good idea. Any experiences much appreciated !

Thanks in advance

Richard

I've just bought an old Bandit 12-S-1, and whilst I know that dust extraction is not a design feature, I am a little dismayed at the amount of dust that is carried all around the blade path, and drops out by the blade guard post back onto the table. Does anyone have any tips or fixes to keep the dust in the bottom of the machine please? I'm thinking brushes onto the wheel/blade but not sure if this is a good idea. Any experiences much appreciated !

Thanks in advance

Richard
If you're thinking of brush strip material it's difficult to get in short lengths. However it can be obtained as garage door draught excluder as 2 x 1m lengths at a reasonable price. I did this recently and used only 16" so there's a lot looking for a new home. PM me if you would like some to play with.
Brian

Back