Aldi Impulse Buy

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bought the Lidl poly pipe cutter pliers done all my kitchen and bathroom piping and still sharp and in one piece cost a 1/3 of the price of branded ones so they have done thier job and are retired to workshop shelf

I bought these too ^^^..well pleased..
Also bought their Battery powered festool clone plunge saw ( performance 5 year guarrantee ) ..very well pleased..will be even more so when Lidl France pulls it's finger out and starts selling the matching performance blades for it that all the other online Lidls in the EU sell, and won't sell to anyone outside their countries, despite "free movement of goods".

Aluminium platforms, ladders and trolleys are excellent value from Aldi. I have never bought tools though.

I have a heavy duty trolley for my generator and it’s great.

Missed out on this work bench, hoping they come back into stock.
E321AC86-FD55-48B9-8A11-D45D761D757D.png

No probs mate.

Im hoping to pick one up if they come back in stock. Great value compared to anything else I’ve seen.

I have a lot of Lidl tools; for the price they're usually fine and the warranty is excellent.

However there have been rumours about them pulling out of the tool market for quite some time now and certainly over here the range they've offered over the past 1.5 years has reduced markedly. Being in Europe, I can also buy from their online shop in Germany but that also now carries a much smaller range and once an item sells out it's no longer stocked.

One of the other German supermarkets, Kaufland, has many branches here and they've recently started selling Lidl's Parkside range on a "get it while you can" basis (but at the same price as Lidl sell/sold the same items). Luckily(?) my workshop is already overflowing, so I'm not too unhappy...and neither is The Boss.

here in Greece the tool isle seems to be getting bigger.....
n prices are jumping up at this point.....
waited 2 years for the cut 40 plasma cutter......
BUT
within hours the tool shelves are empty.......

very diff to buy tools here at decent prices.....
I bought several Milwauke tools from Germany, even with courier charges they were almost 1/2 of local prices.....
and dont talk about replacement/spare batteries.....

I need another 5amp battery, it's more cost effective to buy a new 18v Fuel drill with a spare battery from Germany.....howz that....madness.....

just bought an Austrian made 5% cobalt 2mm drill the other day......almost €2......!!!!!!!!

oh you lucky people.....hahaha....

It is good enough for the diy enthusiast and cheap enough

i brought their slide clamps a year or so ago and they were so good I brought more this year when they came around again

To Paraphrase Steven Fry.

I love Aldi it keeps the Riff Raff out of Waitrose.

I have a £20 Ferrex multitool that is pretty good

Ive also got a parkside powerfile -like a narrow beltsander, brilliant tool I use it a lot. In fact Ive discovered it works great for sharpening chisels on site -quick tickle with a diamond file and they are good enough to chop in hinges etc

Aluminium platforms, ladders and trolleys are excellent value from Aldi. I have never bought tools though.

I have a heavy duty trolley for my generator and it’s great.

Missed out on this work bench, hoping they come back into stock.
View attachment 161160
I got a brace of these. Intention is to put them back to back, remove wheels to drop it low enough to put an mft bench top on it. Have that in a central part of the workshop,

I think I got them for 200 each, they were in a sale. Mine are slightly different, with two side by side drawers and a single but full length below them.. double cupboard space with doors.
Overall they're quite robust. I'm glad I got them.

Last edited:
For those of you who can get them, (I am guessing mainland EUrope here), I find the Extol Premium bar clamps to be very useful. Both the trigger part and the other part move which I personally find to be a very useful feature. They also have nice large pads too.
1687323623181.png

Back