Hi all.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew Wilde

Reaction score
New to this, semi retired with time on my hands at last.
Quite well kitted out just need to learn a lot practically.
Engineer by trade, wrong career choice a long time ago, however close tolerance work and measuring and marking out may help me with woodwork.
Andy.

Welcome. Beware as an engineer that your demand of perfect accuracy gets in the way of accurate enough. Look forward to seeing what you make.

Fitz

Ps also an engineer who has fallen into the trap above.

Hi and welcome to our insanatorium 🤣

Time served engineer apprentice in 1978-82, got out off it in 1990, fed up with grotty nails.
But you never lose those skills. Still find it difficult working to lax wood turning tolerance today.
Try to chase engineering tolerance in wood work will drive you crazy 🤪 but old habits are hard to break 🤣

Hi and welcome to our insanatorium 🤣

Time served engineer apprentice in 1978-82, got out off it in 1990, fed up with grotty nails.
But you never lose those skills. Still find it difficult working to lax wood turning tolerance today.
Try to chase engineering tolerance in wood work will drive you crazy 🤪 but old habits are hard to break 🤣

Guessing working to thousands of an inch are gone then, don't need my micrometer any more,
😁😁

Makes complete sense, looking online for woodworking feeler gauges, not finding any, will my engineering ones work ?
Not knocking anyone on here.
When I can do a perfect 45 degree joint in wood I'll be happy 😊

I’ve been attempting 45 mitres for as long as I can remember and although my tools and technique is far better than all those years ago I’m still not proficient at them , for me it’s more down to the differences in the stock dimensions but I persevere , I’m happy if they look decent in terms of the parts the eyes see .. one day I’ll nail them ( pun intended ) 🤣🤣

Latest posts

Back