Help with identification

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chunkdj

Reaction score
Hi ppl i'm a complete novice at forums so apologies if i screw up any of the rules, I need some help to identify a cast iron piece that i have found while out working today. What i hope someone can tell me is if i upload a picture of it, what it is?

Thanks for any help i get or even a nudge in the right direction :D

Here is a picture i forgot in first post

Attachments

• 20130826_174619-picsay.jpg
    20130826_174619-picsay.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 1,267
  • 20130826_174619-picsay.jpg
    20130826_174619-picsay.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 1,266
Just do a few more posts and then we will be able to see your image

,Im sorry guys, as i said im a novice so play nicely with me, the image i have is too big im, trying to reduce the size of the file now so i can upload it

Hard to gauge the size from the pic but could it be the side of a cast fire insert ?

Was thinking it while you were typing it Robbo :)

As it appears to have a top hat section fixed to the side, and due to its slightly curved shape with appearance of rays emitting from the back. I suggest it may be the side from a very early electric fire- 1920's.

G

The size of it is roughly 12 inches tall by about 8 inches along the base and depth is less than 1 inch

Agree with t8hants. It looks like a 1 bar electric radiant heater. Top part LHS is the reflector, centre took the element & the bottom part was also part of the reflector.
Slinger

Back