Gout šŸ˜„

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MIL had two brain stents to save her life but she was a cabbage with full on dementia.......
My wife asked the surgon WHY, he said he didn't know her prev condition was so bad......
she lasted 2 years with home help even after the doc refused all meds......
she died because she lost the swollow reflex....

Most of the probs with the likes of A+E is education and alchohol......
perhaps a charge of Ā£50 to visit said place only refundable if it's a proper need.......
and if emegency services are called due to drink/drug probs perhaps a charge of Ā£1000 per service should be enforced....
and only drug / drink free driving allowed.....2nd offence means a total driving ban for LIFE.....

we were tought to just get on with it....not make a u tube vid for a black eye......

it really does frustrate and concern me that some people still choose to suffer daily with pain and disability unnecessarily in this day and age when the internet is full of up-to-date, peer reviewed ,published Scientific and Medical research that can help relieve or eliminate these Metabolic issues.

Why do people suffering with Metabolic Disease and chronic conditions ask for Medical advice on a woodworking forum ? Just do a little research into what the cause of Gout is and how to stop Gout from the source rather that accepting a load of uninformed incorrect and often misleading advice from unqualified and unsubstantiated sources on Forums and Internet groups.

.If you want to be certain that what you read is really trustworthy then look for the links to the published Meta Analysis of Scientific and medical research

If your car engine or gearbox were to suddenly start to sound noisy and rattly we wouldn't chose to fill it full of thicker oil and sawdust like we did back in the 50s and 60's because we now appreciate that that would be at best a temporary short term measure and does not address the real source of the problem. This is what Medication is...its a band-aid, sticky plaster measure in response to symptoms which can never address the real cause of the problem and reverse it and put it into remission.

The issue with the NHS is that it has failed to keep in proportion to the growth in population so you reach the point where it becomes overwhelmed, add to this that people now seem to call 999 for a splinter and you have something that can only go one way. Again like so many problems we are faced with today it all comes back to over population, to many people on such a small planet.
True about NHS not keeping up. But global overpopulation not so much.
Development of essential infrastructure has not kept up with world population. Where there's a will, there's a way.

Funny how - for example - air travel has kept up with 'growing population' in this country. Its plentiful and cheap. There's a will.

Btw, growing population also means more tax. Longer working population equals more tax. Etc etc. Its mismanagement and lack of long term thinking For NHS.

The issue with the NHS is that it has failed to keep in proportion to the growth in population so you reach the point where it becomes overwhelmed,
No it's the government which has not kept up with the funding
add to this that people now seem to call 999 for a splinter and you have something that can only go one way.
Not really. People are carefully checked out by the receptionists.
The problem is the opposite - too many urgent cases not being picked up soon enough due to lack of resources and the delays - the biggest cause of this being lack of care home space to free up hospital beds.
The system isn't "joined up" -literally; there's been a policy of divide and rule, privatise, new management experiments, PFI etc etc all supposedly in the interests of productivity and efficiency but having the opposite effect. You only have to listen to the nursing and medical staff and they tell us this over and over again.
Again like so many problems we are faced with today it all comes back to over population, to many people on such a small planet.
Not really. There was trouble and strife when the population was tenth of the size. It's more about allocation of resources.

Last edited:
Popcorn.gif

The way to overcome staff shortages is to reduce the cost involved with training, do all nurses really need a degree and the associated student loan. Also rather than give the nurses a big payrise why not just change the tax code for nurses so they pay less tax, do something to show we value their services.

Last edited:
The way to overcome staff shortages is to reduce the cost involved with training, do all nurses really need a degree and the associated student loan.
Yes to the degree - education can very good you know! Especially for people who may have my life in their hands!
No to the loan it should be free.
Also rather than gve the nurses a big payrise why not just change the tax code for nurses so they pay less tax, do something to show we value their services.
But why not give them a pay rise?

The way to overcome staff shortages is to reduce the cost involved with training, do all nurses really need a degree and the associated student loan ...
My sister, SEN, SRN, B.Sc, PGCE is in health service management in NZ. Her thoughts - yes, I need extremely well qualified nurses .......... but they don't all have to be well qualified.

Had a couple of attacks. First time was worst. I was at work and the pain was getting worse as the day went on. Early afternoon I arranged to see a doctor and had to drive home. Using the brake pedal was murder.
I have to say the medication works well and its gone in a day. My doctor gives me a script for it every year so I always have some on standby.
Its not always in the feet. I heard of a poor woman that had it in her jaw. That would make the eyes water. Its a very painful thing. No wonder old king Henry was such unsocial b@$t@&d. No proper meds back then either.
Regards
John

Back