Get woodworking 2010

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Guys

Great to see we have such adoring fans... you could declare yourselves on our Facebook page if you want!

It'll be great to see you all, please do come and introduce yourselves... but just to clarify, this is intended as a favour to help forum members and isn't a devious marketing ploy. Just in case it is misconstrued.

Terry I don't think we have enough attendees on any one day for an 'old style' meetup. I will come and introduce myself as I've always seemed to miss the old 12pm meets. Thems where the days....

cambournepete":9z9n3g04 said:
Terry - you going to have your buffing system there?

Hi Pete

Yes, I'm pleased to say we have good stocks of the Buffing Kits at the show and, shock horror, we should be able to get them out to stockists very soon too!

Hope to see you there!

I was at the chestnut stand at 12 no one was there not even Terry :wink:

I will be on Andy Harrison's stand on friday and sunday

Hah, a comedian!
The best thing is that Chris is on the stand next door without internet so he doesn't know what I'm writing..

The mood at the show today has been very good, I haven't heard a single complaint about it and it certainly looks busier and bigger than the last few years.

Contrary to my eariler post, we are not right by the door; there seems to have been some confusion over our booking and we're right against the far wall.

Tintin came over today, along with Philly who is working here anyway, hope to see a few more tomorrow.

Just got home from the show and it was the best there for years and well worth a visit, including the two stands above. :D

I have some pictures will try and post them later.

john

I'm still in two minds whether to go tomorrow. Not because I think it's going to be rubbish, but either travel method (car/train) doesn't fill me with excitement. Why couldn't they have held it at Crystal Palace! (or Eltham Palace, even better) ;) :lol:

wizer":6bk57qvt said:
I'm still in two minds whether to go tomorrow. Not because I think it's going to be rubbish, but either travel method (car/train) doesn't fill me with excitement. Why couldn't they have held it at Crystal Palace! (or Eltham Palace, even better) ;) :lol:

As the Cabbies say...... I won't go South of the River 8)

I spent the day at the Alexandra Pallace show today and it is well worth a visit. It is much better than it has been for a number of years and everyone seemed to like it.

There are a lot more stands there this year than I can remember for several years with something for everyone. There are some wonderful disp[lays of not only turned items but alos furniture and carving. There is a wide range of stands and a full assortment of toys, sorry tools, including a few more which have gone on my want list.

The surprise of the day was to see Mark Baker there with a stand of WWI mags at a show run by GMC, thats him standing behind the till.

100_0266.jpg

Other attractions included Jon and the Meantime stand, and yes he did mug me again but I managed to get away with a bag full of clocks and stuff.

100_0265.jpg

Terry and the Chestnut stand, including the new buffing system, he moved just as I took the picture.

100_0267.jpg

Les Thorn

100_0268.jpg

Richard Raffan, hard to get a picture as there was a very big crowd watching him.

100_0273.jpg

And many others made it a very good and enjoyable day.

Some of the turned items on display, firstly from the RPT stand

100_0257.jpg

100_0258.jpg

100_0259.jpg

The SAW stand

100_0260.jpg

Andrew Hall the hat man

100_0261.jpg

100_0262.jpg

100_0263.jpg

As I said before a very good show and well worthe a visit.

john

thanks for the pics John. Forgot Les Thorn was there. That's it, I'm going. :D Anyone else there tomorrow?

Darn it...why THIS weekend! With Mothers' Day AND the fact that my Mum is 75 on Monday mean double jeopardy if I go anywhere near the place on Sunday - my only day off!

Take some pics of the planes and shaves for me Tom mate!?

Jim

Not a huge lot of people in the hall but enough to make the queue for tickets a fair length when we arrived at 11.

Remembered to say Hi to Terry on the Chestnut Products stand and went to Phils masterclass on planes. Most classes seemed to be fairly full with onlookers.

Great Fish and chips at the servery but i suggest you go early before they run out.

demonstration of the Sorbey Pro edge was well done by one of the staff from the stand so I had my hands full when I left ..Mission accomplished.

Made my first visit today but was thinking about giving a miss after the previous reviews of other shows.
Well I am glad I did as I could not fault it with the demo's really good and plenty of new ideas to fill my workshop ( will unload the car when the wife goes to work in morn :lol: :lol: ).
Gonna save a few more pennies for next year.

Brilliant pics John, Yes I have been asking a lot of visitors what they thought of the show and all replies POSITIVE ! (Theres` a change!) So well done Clare and the myhobbystore team.
A mate of mine was saying " whats all this Richard Raffan Hoohar about" well my mate plays guitar, and i said " well imagine this, Its a bit like having Jimmy Page come and see you and giving you a guitar lesson"
"Bloody ell ! " he said . :lol:

Back