Gas stove

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Indeed they are. I reluctantly bought a new bbq this year because the body of the 20 year old one finally rusted beyond repair: the only thing left to rivet patches to were the patches from years gone by. It came with a patio gas regulator but I got a new one that fitted my bottles being as how that was the easiest option.

I see them as a modern abomination, wholly unnecessary. I remember the early advertising and it was all about looks, more people getting gas barbecues, don't have ugly bottles have our new shiny green attractive patio gas and your guests will drool over how smart your garden is, or something like that. I must admit I have never had a visitor say to me "great food but hey, your gas bottle is really ugly..." but maybe they think it and are too polite to mention. Or maybe, and more likely, nobody cares as long as the food arrives.

Looking at the gas cages in my local garden centre I notice a fair few patio gas bottles starting to look scruffy and faded, so rather like humans the wow factor fades with age.
I think I’m correct in saying that Propane(red bottles) burn hotter than Butane( blue bottles).

Latest posts

Back