Gaming Woodworkers

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have built a couple of gaming PCs for friends & family & upgraded others.

Funnily enough some of the most enjoyable games were Lego Racers & Lego Racers 2.

Doom3, American Army, Battlefield Series, Brothers in Arms, Medal of Honour, Warsow, Call of Duty 1,2 & 3, Far Cry, Unreal Tournament, Quake, Myst. Had to give up because the sight got too bad & the reflexes too slow.

Wolfenstein is still available,
Wolfenstein Enemy Territory - http://www.splashdamage.com/content/wol ... y-barracks
- http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details ... itory.html

Well this thread has brought up some old memories. I used to be a big pc gamer as a kid, up until my GCSES/A-levels when I didn't study as much as I should and really regretted not getting better grades so gave it up.

The 90s were a great time, I used to like playing fighter simulations, LucasArts games like Indiana Jones and monkey island (The SCRUMM games), lemmings etc.

Just had a look on ebay and have seen some of those old games are worth a bit. might have to see what I have left!

transatlantic":17w86da0 said:
morfa":17w86da0 said:
transatlantic - what sims? I do a lot flight simming.

Mainly eve-online. I also do flightsimming, eg X-Plane 11 and P3D. But I also have a PS3 (looking forward to Red Dead Redemption 2). My wife is/was a big gamer, but she mainly does RPGs and platformers. We've got a full collection of NES/SNES/MasterSystem/MegaDrive consoles. Don't have time for as much as I'd like to do, but there we go, such is life.

Have you heard of Elite Dangerous?

I have a copy. I played the original games a lot. So was really excited for ED. But as it was basically a copy of Elite but with better graphics I got bored quickly. Also not many people seem to play it, so there's never anyone around to talk to, so I've largely given up on it.

Hoping that Star Citizen will be better, as while I do like EvE, it's getting a bit dull.

Hey, I do like to play games like The Hunter or RTS games (Age of Empires!). Although I prefer tabletop games over video games tho.

My daughter used to play SIMS when she was younger (i.e. when she was maybe 15, she's now 23). It got her into house design (her younger sister used to play with the families in the houses her sister had designed).

She went on to study architecture at Uni. I should have seen it coming.

morfa":3qqf0le1 said:
transatlantic":3qqf0le1 said:
morfa":3qqf0le1 said:
transatlantic - what sims? I do a lot flight simming.

Mainly eve-online. I also do flightsimming, eg X-Plane 11 and P3D. But I also have a PS3 (looking forward to Red Dead Redemption 2). My wife is/was a big gamer, but she mainly does RPGs and platformers. We've got a full collection of NES/SNES/MasterSystem/MegaDrive consoles. Don't have time for as much as I'd like to do, but there we go, such is life.

Have you heard of Elite Dangerous?

I have a copy. I played the original games a lot. So was really excited for ED. But as it was basically a copy of Elite but with better graphics I got bored quickly. Also not many people seem to play it, so there's never anyone around to talk to, so I've largely given up on it.

Hoping that Star Citizen will be better, as while I do like EvE, it's getting a bit dull.

Ah ok :)

I'm keen on building a retropi gaming machine:

727aa554df10ca13f86d8d607cc4d443.jpg

I think it would be a fun project. Just not sure where I'd keep it! I was thinking of making a full size version and using the base for storage. I suggest to my wife it could replace the laundry bin - she didn't share this view!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DiscoStu":3kcvqiq0 said:
I'm keen on building a retropi gaming machine:

727aa554df10ca13f86d8d607cc4d443.jpg

I think it would be a fun project. Just not sure where I'd keep it! I was thinking of making a full size version and using the base for storage. I suggest to my wife it could replace the laundry bin - she didn't share this view!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's funny I've been looking at those too on YouTube. I had an original Xbox years ago that I modded to run various software. It would play all the old arcade games.

Retropi looks good

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

Back