• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Sold Elektra Beckum HC260 Planer Thicknesser for sale.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

h2h

Established Member
Reaction score
Elektra Beckum HC260 Planer Thicknesser for sale, collection from Leicester.

I excitedly bought this machine a few years ago, paid £180 for it like a clown! It's from the 70's, and should be no surprise I suppose that it did not run totally perfectly, and I never really used it. Ended up buying an modern Axminster that runs just perfect!

About the HC260, it runs but has some issues, I'll explain in full.

Surface planing - no issues works totally fine. Table height adjustment works fine.

Thickness planing - well it takes the wood and does it, but the thicknesser bed it out of alignment so the the result is the cuts are not totally paralell. Its a bit off, nothing much but of course it needs to be right for any serious use.

There is an article on this forum that shows you how to correct the thicknesser bed alignment. It's a bit fiddly but it can be done.

The on/off switch - it does not work and is bypassed. You plug it in, and it fires straight up.

This is not a fault, but will point out the more modern HC260s have this allen key method of doing blade fine hight adjustment which is nice. This however being an old one doe snot have that, your doing it the old fashioned way (with springs under the blade).

Also, I have the fence and various brackets and bits and bobs. Thats what I got when I purchased it used. I cannot for the life of me see how the fence actually fixes onto the machine, and have never put the fence on it. Got a feeling there as a part missing, that previous seller did not give me.

On the plus side, there is no missing screws, no threaded threads etc, and the blades are brand new and virtually unused. Certainly no nicks in the blades. I only ever did test cuts with new wood whilst trying to get it to run true.

And for its age, its in really great condition.

So it is what it is. Fine for surface planing or rough work, aside from that needs a bit of attention. Perhaps would be of use to somebody hopefully.

If you want the wood base I have for it you can have it. Its got decent castor wheels with brakes.

To be collected from Leicester. Can be seen running.

I've no idea what it is worth tbh, forum rules say need to set a price of some sort so I'm open to offers starting at £40.

Attachments

• IMG_1696.JPG
    IMG_1696.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1697.JPG
    IMG_1697.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1698.JPG
    IMG_1698.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1699.JPG
    IMG_1699.JPG