Elektra Beckum HC260 problem

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bdx

Reaction score
Elektra Beckum HC260
Apologies if this is posted in the incorrect category.
Problems with this planer which I am very experienced with.
Planing and edging timber which is 1metre in length I end up with a cut which is concave over the entire length to the tune of about 1mm at each end.

Any suggestions would be more than welcome
Thanks in advance
Brian

Elektra Beckum HC260
Apologies if this is posted in the incorrect category.
Problems with this planer which I am very experienced with.
Planing and edging timber which is 1metre in length I end up with a cut which is concave over the entire length to the tune of about 1mm at each end.

Any suggestions would be more than welcome
Thanks in advance
Brian
I used to find that, rather strangely, this would happen if the blades were not sharp.

Otherwise, it could be that the surface of infeed table is not parallel with the outfeed table. The only other thing could be that the top of the knifes have been set a tad higher than the outfeed table

I used to find that, rather strangely, this would happen if the blades were not sharp.

Otherwise, it could be that the surface of infeed table is not parallel with the outfeed table. The only other thing could be that the top of the knifes have been set a tad higher than the outfeed table
Thanks for the reply
i’m trying to find step by step instruction on how to set the tables, I’ve cleaned and greased the I feed channels but I’m struggling to get them dead level with each other.

Hi bdx I’m sure I’ve got an instruction manual for mine somewhere. Do you want me to try and dig it out and send screenshots of that section?

Cheers
Pete

I have a PDF copy of the manual. I send you a copy
If you raise the infeed table to be the same height as the outfeed and place a long straight edge along them are they inline? I can't remember if there is an adjustment to get the infeed and outfeed tables coplanar.
Martin

I have a PDF copy of the manual. I send you a copy
If you raise the infeed table to be the same height as the outfeed and place a long straight edge along them are they inline? I can't remember if there is an adjustment to get the infeed and outfeed tables coplanar.
Martin

This is the process I've recently followed on my EB HC260, made in 1989. There are some grub screws that can be adjusted to level the two tables (3mm allen key required I think). I used the cutter cylinder (not the blades) as a fixed reference point with a straight edge to take out any twist on the longitudinal axis, then used the infeed table as a reference for setting the outfeed table tilt with a straight edge until they were coplanar. Then follow the usual method for setting the blade height, which should result in the cutting edge being parallel with the table surfaces. Run some timber through the thicknesser to check that the bed is parallel with the blades (measure with a micrometer). Adjust and repeat if necessary.

I have been having this exact same problem this week on my record hc260 planer its been driving me nuts and its only edge jointing a board the face is fine.

Latest posts

Back