Forum users' Planers & Thicknessers

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a SIP 10x6. Good finish on oak/sapele but difficult to align tables. Overall good value, I paid £359 + £100 for the extractor.

Steve :lol:

I am the new owner of Trev the Turners Dewalt DW 733s which is more machine than I thought I would get at this stage.

Very happy with the DW, nicely made and very portable on the wheels that Trev made for it.

Added the Axminster 6" jointer to the workshop - makes the ageing Scheppach Kombi a dedicated thicknesser.

Chris

I've just joined the club :)

I bought a Metabo HC260C planer/thicknesser. I looked at the Electra beckum HC260M in the shop but the stock they had was the later version with Metabo brand. Paid £459

Heavy lump so I asked about the wheel kit. They looked it up and even they thought the price was a joke - £56 . So I bought 4 braked castors from machine mart for £10 and will modify a bit to make then fit.

Technical reasons for the choice - a few people seem to have them looking at the list and when i take the table off it will fit nicely into a space i have in the workshop to store it!

Like most things I buy it had a fault. The casting that mounts the fence was distorted and twisted so you could not fit the fence straight. Took the fence back and they swopped it for the one on the displayed Electra Beckum - so a painless fix. They phoned the rep to complain while I was there.

Just got one of the lyndhurst 10" P/T, c,i fence and wheel's.I was very pleasantly surprised :shock: how easy it was to manhandle being 200kgs :D.

New member post!

Just had my Scheppach 2600ci delivered. I was considering getting the wheels, but ended up very grateful for the straps that I bought not long ago: from teamstrap in the us.

Yes. The Scheppach instructions are terrible. The translation would be funny if it wasn't so unhelpful. But I'm looking forward to really finding out how it works.

Hi Sidd

sidd":dojksdsa said:
Yes. The Scheppach instructions are terrible. The translation would be funny if it wasn't so unhelpful. But I'm looking forward to really finding out how it works.

Welcome to the forum.

IIRC NMA, the Scheppach importers, have a decent set of instructions.

Cheers
Neil

Hi all,
SIP 12.5" thicknesser and SIP 6" bench top jointer both do the job, although i would like a free standing jointer with longer beds !!

Just got a s/h Kity 432. Would have liked something bit bigger but simply don't have the space.

I have the Startrite PT260 planer/thicknesser an Elu 8" planer thicknesser and the small planer on my Coronet Major, the coronet planer is brilliant for rebating.

I always wished that I had paid a bit more and got the 310 with it's 12" cut.

The Startrite is in use practically every day, the only trouble I had was about 12 years ago when I replaced the starter and about 6 years ago the alloy blade clamp plate lost it's thread but I managed to get one from Startrite, they had just one left!

Lyndhurst 10x7 Planer Thicknesser

Fit and finish is not perfect, but at the price I paid on an ebay auction ( not the full priced buy-it-now) I am very happy. Maybe the buy-it-nows are perfect and the auctions might have a few cosmetic blemishes? Who knows.

It performs great, should have brought one ages ago. However, still can't persuade the wife to come down the garage and see it in action. Strange...

Ed

jet jpt260, only had it for a month but already put to hard use love it.
Although axminster supplied the machine with a 13amp plug??? 16amp reccomended?? 20 amp now fitted lots better.

Luna Woody (also known as Mafell AD160)

Excellent small P/T with quiet induction motor.

160mm width x 120mm thick capacity.

Have a Lorum planer\thicknesser- does 10" (might be 12" though) wide by 6" deep.

There's also one on the Kity multi machine - seeing as I've never bothered setting it up - can't recall a thing about it.

I just bought an Holzprofi ML392 PT. It is the same as the AXminster AW106PT but with a 2.2Kw motor. The only problem is that I can't get it to start on a 16 amp supply. I think that there is something wrong with the motor because I can start/run a 2.5Kw saw or 2.5kw spindle moulder PLUS a 2hp dust collector of the same supply with no problem. I will contact Holzprofi when they get back off holidays. Incidentaly, I live in France hence the European supplier and the 16 amp service.
Peebsa24

Back