Planer Extractor Advice

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 35098

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am looking to purchase a planer thicknesser with compatible extraction unit, after watching loads of YouTube videos and reviews on this forum I've narrowed down to the 2x options as below, the machines first project would be solid oak boards measuring 8" wide x 1 1/2" thick at various lengths up to 5' long (new boards so relatively clean).

Lumberjack PT254
Metabo HC260

The HC260 is my favorite at the moment, can anyone advise on any other alternative options I may have missed, surface finish (no/minimal snipe) and squareness would be important as well as portability.

Regarding the extractor I've picked out the following:

Metabo SPA1200
Scheppach HA1000

Again portability would be the determining factor on the extraction unit.

If I've missed any options I'll be open to suggestions, I am looking to purchase imminently.

thanks for reading.

Do go for both the metabo items.

The lumberjack is a generic Chinese model and not the level of the metabo.

Re the DA the metabo will filter better and for longer the the HA1000. But it's less portable.

Cheers James

Personally I’d also go for the Metabo they do a fine filter for the dust extractor which I’d also go for rather than just the clothe filter bag.

Thanks for the replies guys the only downside on the Metabo extractor unit is the portability

Latest posts

Back