• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Sold Bandsaw, Planer Thicknesser, Robert Sorby ProEdge

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anwick a nice town??
Perhaps a bit expensive.
Amble? On the up....
Thank you for your suggestions, but as I'm the only driver in the house and the children, one going for 6th form and another one year 8, we need to look primarily for a decent area with nearby good secondary schools where they can go by bus or walk. We choose the Newcastle area because it's a small town, mostly pretty safe and also has a good university. If missus would have had a driving license, things would have been different, but she's too scared to drive.

I moved from South East London to a small village in Essex. Love it, should have done it years ago.
Yeah, I'm also so mad at myself we didn't moved long time ago, we thought about it but never had the courage to start over again. Now pushed by the house sale and huge renting prices, we decided to take the step. We did some quick calculations and for the last 7 years we paid over 100k in rent only, so stupid we've been.

Alnwick is a really nice place, and Northumberland is a great county. The only drawback is the weather in the winter. If you are outside any of the major towns or cities, you will definitely need a 4x4. In addition if you lived in Alnwick (Alnwick castle is the seat of the Duke of Northumberland) you would be plagued by visitors in the summer

Back