EU again! Better stock up now!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steve, they even announced an April Fool contest for listeners on Wednesday.

During the programme yesterday evening Eddie Mair said "sometime between now and 6 o'clock we'll play the winning entry, we wonder how many people will spot it".

It had to be that piece anyway, all the rest of the items concerned real (named) people.

Pity though that last night's issue had to end with a tribute to "little Ronnie". I for one will miss him, along with "big Ronnie" of course.

AES

Yes, we were all listening out for it. At one point I thought that the April fool might be that there was no April Fool. Then I thought it could be Tim Harfords assertion that there were 29.,000 words defining what a European cabbage should be like, but it looks like that one was real!

On the Two Ronnies, I defy anyone to say the words "Four Candles" without grinning inanely. :)

Steve Maskery":jpe49ewq said:
On the Two Ronnies, I defy anyone to say the words "Four Candles" without grinning inanely. :)

I loved that at Ronnie Barker's funeral when the vergers were solemnly processing
in, they were carrying ... four church candles.

Moving and hilarious at the same time.

BugBear

By "real" I meant that Tim Hartford was really going to be discussing it, rather than it was a true directive.
I do like More or Less, I must remember to listen this afternoon.

The trouble is that people will choose to believe it, I bet it's already been posted on a UKIP or other anti EU facebook page somewhere. It's pretty shocking the sort of rubbish, often clearly satirical, that get shared around by people as 'the truth'.

One picture says it all.
Four Candles.jpg

Attachments

• Four Candles.jpg
    Four Candles.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 1,026
Back