Erbauer biscuit jointer

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cameronhill97

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi just wondering if anyone has a screw fix erbauer biscuit jointer, I'm in need of one and can't justify spending too much money on one so was just wondering if anyone had any experience of one or one similar around the £50 to £60 mark

Thanks in advance

I thought there was too much slop in the mechanism (which you can work around by always sliding it with vertical and horizontal pressure in the right places), but for £60, they're alright.

I have one. It's fine for what it is, but the slots it cuts have a bit of vertical play in them, so don't expect it to create tight joints like a domino.

The red indicator line looks like it was drawn on by a 5 year old with a crayon, but biscuit joiners have a fair bit of horizontal play by design, so it's not a major issue. Dust extraction is good though.

All in all, it's cheap and cheerful.

I have one too, and although I don't use it a great deal, I find it not very accurate. I'm not sure the blade cuts parallel to the fence. Overall I am not happy with it and feel I should have gone for a better model, so I can't recommend it. Also I have read a number of comments about people unable to find spares to Erbauer tools.

K

they released a new model about 1 year ago, the old one was widely slated the new one seems to be well reviewed, if you search reviews by date on screwfix you see that ,

i have new one and its fine for what it is, id maybe consider the triton one or even the triton dowel jointer at a little above that price if buying again

but around the 50-60 mark i think the erbauer is the best you will do unless you get a 2nd hand one on ebay

Well mine is about 5 years old so ignore my comments about accuracy, but I would still be concerned about spare parts.

K

Triton UK's web site don't show a biscuit jointer on their web site and don't even show the double dowel jointer anymore, but the double dowel jointer is in the catalogue.

Mike

Latest posts

Back