Email help

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

p111dom

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello again. Got all the system up and running but am having a problem with Outlook 2010. Emails keep disappearing. They appear in my inbox then disappear within a few minutes. The net seems to suggest I have a viewing filter on and tells you to check it which I've done but no where is there an off button or deselect on the filters but they say off. I'm receiving mail but theres nothing in the inbox. If I do a search for my email address from the start menu it finds them all and I can view them individually by clicking on them but I can't find where they are located. Right click for properties doesn't work. Can't get them into my inbox if I can't find where they're located. That could be a pst issue as I've been messing around with the pst files on the advice of other forums and now I'm in a right mess. I've Googled these problem and the answers are unfathomable to me. I'm using a IMAP account. Any advice?

p111dom":2c6gwfuo said:
Hello again. Got all the system up and running but am having a problem with Outlook 2010. Emails keep disappearing. They appear in my inbox then disappear within a few minutes. The net seems to suggest I have a viewing filter on and tells you to check it which I've done but no where is there an off button or deselect on the filters but they say off. I'm receiving mail but theres nothing in the inbox. If I do a search for my email address from the start menu it finds them all and I can view them individually by clicking on them but I can't find where they are located. Right click for properties doesn't work. Can't get them into my inbox if I can't find where they're located. That could be a pst issue as I've been messing around with the pst files on the advice of other forums and now I'm in a right mess. I've Googled these problem and the answers are unfathomable to me. I'm using a IMAP account. Any advice?

Remove the account\s you setup in Outlook. Go to Email Accounts in Mail icon in Control Panel and remove them. Add them back in - should reset everything back to normal\default.

Then send yourself and email and see what happens. This should deliver it to your Inbox.

Get it working from a basic perspective before faffing about with PST files.

Let us know how you get on.

Dibs

Thanks Dibs. Tried that but it didn't work. The problem for me is that Outlook is way too complicated. There's reams of tickable menus that I can't imagine anyone ever needing. My copy of Outlook seems to have a default that it keeps reverting to unprompted to delete or archive read messages. Its been doing my head in. In the end I've gone to Windows mail which is much simpler but does everything I need. Not sure why Microsoft do both programs though and they use a different file type which makes transferring emails from one to another tricky, weird!

p111dom":2nvkubfd said:
Thanks Dibs. Tried that but it didn't work. The problem for me is that Outlook is way too complicated. There's reams of tickable menus that I can't imagine anyone ever needing. My copy of Outlook seems to have a default that it keeps reverting to unprompted to delete or archive read messages. Its been doing my head in. In the end I've gone to Windows mail which is much simpler but does everything I need. Not sure why Microsoft do both programs though and they use a different file type which makes transferring emails from one to another tricky, weird!

I prefer Thunderbird at home especially the portable version that can live on a USB stick - mail on the go. (backs up too).

Glad to hear you're sorted.

Dibs

Others have had a problem with 'View' | 'Current view' | 'Hide read messages' or its equivalent, depending on the version of Outlook you're running

Misterfish

Back