• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

Dust extractor for powertools?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

Mattias87

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello all, I had a second hand Record Power RSDE1 for the past 6 or so years which was hooked up to a cyclone worked well but stopped working on Friday.
I am now looking looking for a replacement so I thought I would ask for peoples recommendations.
I still intend to use it with the cyclone and will be using it for sanding with a random orbital sander, cutting with a track saw, domino and general clean up. I am looking for something with decent suction and a decent filter. My budget is £150-£200.
I don't need anything for chip extraction like for a planer thicknesser as I already have a dedicated solution for that.

Thanks in advance,

Mattias.

alan895

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if its just me but having something like that to use on those tools seems a bit OTT - wouldn't something like a Henry or similar suffice?

Does your cyclone have 100mm inlets or is it one of the smaller ones? I'm just trying to imagine the current setup and how / where it reduces down from the RP unit to the individual tools..

Mattias87

Established Member
Reaction score
It has a smaller one connection maybe 50 - 60 mm. It will be getting used daily so want to keep as much dust out of the air as I can.

OBr

Reaction score
I'm not sure if its just me but having something like that to use on those tools seems a bit OTT - wouldn't something like a Henry or similar suffice?

Does your cyclone have 100mm inlets or is it one of the smaller ones? I'm just trying to imagine the current setup and how / where it reduces down from the RP unit to the individual tools..
No price on a safe working environment.