Dust extractor for powertools?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mattias87

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello all, I had a second hand Record Power RSDE1 for the past 6 or so years which was hooked up to a cyclone worked well but stopped working on Friday.
I am now looking looking for a replacement so I thought I would ask for peoples recommendations.
I still intend to use it with the cyclone and will be using it for sanding with a random orbital sander, cutting with a track saw, domino and general clean up. I am looking for something with decent suction and a decent filter. My budget is £150-£200.
I don't need anything for chip extraction like for a planer thicknesser as I already have a dedicated solution for that.

Thanks in advance,

Mattias.

I'm not sure if its just me but having something like that to use on those tools seems a bit OTT - wouldn't something like a Henry or similar suffice?

Does your cyclone have 100mm inlets or is it one of the smaller ones? I'm just trying to imagine the current setup and how / where it reduces down from the RP unit to the individual tools..

It has a smaller one connection maybe 50 - 60 mm. It will be getting used daily so want to keep as much dust out of the air as I can.

I'm not sure if its just me but having something like that to use on those tools seems a bit OTT - wouldn't something like a Henry or similar suffice?

Does your cyclone have 100mm inlets or is it one of the smaller ones? I'm just trying to imagine the current setup and how / where it reduces down from the RP unit to the individual tools..
No price on a safe working environment.

Back