drive belts

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spigweed

Reaction score
I am new to all of this so I hope I get this right . Have recently started wood turning bought myself a scheppach dm 460t lathe . Tonight the drive belt snapped . Have been looking on the internet for a replacement belt the closest to my lathe I can find is the dmt450 . Two questions I would like to ask are where do I get a spare belt and are these the same lathes

Measure the old one and go to the local bearing shop. It will be significantly cheaper.

That machine looks very like the Axminster AWSL Series, so Axi may be able to help.

I agree with
marcros":1gg9dij8 said:
Measure the old one and go to the local bearing shop. It will be significantly cheaper.
though.
If you have an old fashioned motor factor locally too who still keeps books for pattern parts, the QH catalogues always had car fan belts pictured with sizes etc. at the back.

Many thanks to all who answered my post . Went to Simply Bearings just waiting for the belts to arrive now . :D

It can be worth fitting two new belts, and tying one of them out the way. Then if the current belt snaps it is only a 2 minute job to loop the spare one round the motor pulley. It also saves the time and hassle of removing the spindle, which is needed to fit the new belts.

Back