Deans New Tool UPDATE

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm no turner but this stuff is really cool.. Good luck with everything Dean.

jeezus h christ, and by the lord harry ! i got to get me one of those tools, i cant even turn proper yet, but thats something else, well done you.

Some of that decoration looks more like one of the rose machines or whatever they are called. Very impressive work indeed.

Pete

Bodrighy":136t39fd said:
Some of that decoration looks more like one of the rose machines or whatever they are called. Very impressive work indeed.

Pete

You're right Pete it does but I can assure you 100% that I turned every piece free hand using only the hand held Tool and cutteres which I developed.
Maybe if I gave a demo to an Impartial and independent person it would prove it without any doubt :lol:

Hi
I can say after visiting Dean a couple of times recently that this tool is very real and after trying it out briefly I am very impressed.
I hope Dean is able to market these successfully and if so I will certainly be placing an order.

Seasons Greetings

Steve :)

I wasn't doubting, just impressed. It would be intersting to see how it stacks up against the Sorby Texturing and spiralling tools. Muast admit I've never seen the same variation and detail advertised for them.

Pete

stevebuk":i4ddgg7g said:
jeezus h christ, and by the lord harry ! i got to get me one of those tools, i cant even turn proper yet, but thats something else, well done you.
I want one and I want it now. I just hope it comes with some instructions.
Andy

Dean - if manufacturing and distributing the tools yourself becomes difficult and not worth the time/money/effort then you could always license the design to one of the tools manufacturers.
As far as I know the Sorby texturing tool is a design by Tracey Owen and he receives a fee for everyone sold. A guy at our club has licensed a design to Sorby and there are several tools with peoples names associated with them - Eli Alvisera, Ian Wilkie, Stuart Mortimer (all taken from the hamlet website).
I've no idea how much you'd get but it may be worth investigating

Duncan

Dean love the close ups of your work have saved images to take to http://www.pnc.com.au/~k_j/OTGA/ first meeting back 14th Jan.

You have my full attention Dean

What a gizzmo if you can store it in a tool box rather than build a Rose Engine and produce work like that I await the unveiling.

I already have an inclining as to what it may look like and how its used.
:wink:

Ray

Might be interesting toying with what/how Deans texturing tool works?.
My initial thought is that it needs some sort of indexing system and each groove is done individually rather than on the spin like the Sorby tool, what do others think?
Hope you don`t mind us playing about with ideas Dean? it might spur some of us on with other toys to make :lol: .
Cheers and a happy new year to everyone
Steve

I haven't tried using any texturing tools, but some of the designs that can be turned interest me. What I would need is repeatability - i.e. some way of setting the tool or mount to ensure I get the same result each time. I doubt if leaving it to my eye and hand would work for me.

I already have an inclining as to what it may look like and how its used.
:wink:

Ray[/quote]

Please share your thoughts with others Ray :D
it's pointless for me to say anything more than I've already said :roll:

Hope you don`t mind us playing about with ideas Dean?

No problem at all Steve :)

Back