Coronavirus

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck Mike - hope it's nothing, and if it's something it passes quickly and easily.

MikeG.":39y96h15 said:
Trainee neophyte":39y96h15 said:
.......@Mike: don't get ill.......

Too late. I'm starting to feel rough. Temperature (sweaty) and a buzzing head. The best I can hope for is that this is just some bug my wife has brought home from school.

You could start a WIP so the rest of us know what we are in for.
Hope it ends up being mild, whatever it is.

Don't forget in these times.

Beauty.

Keep your heads up and your backs straight. Brace and remember you are here because you are already a survivor.

https://youtu.be/ZmELS03_4So
Someone post this as a link please!

Bm101":14ofwujh said:
10.33 am Regent Street. As usual I'm up among the chim er neee pooootttts. Just taken this.
It's hardly Where's Bloomin' Wally.

W40x8xw.jpg

You could have made a few quid selling that image to the press.

peaky blinders cut for me this afternoon ............. might not get back for 3 months.
I have trimmers if necessary

lurker":1ukhxea0 said:
MikeG.":1ukhxea0 said:
Trainee neophyte":1ukhxea0 said:
.......@Mike: don't get ill.......

Too late. I'm starting to feel rough. Temperature (sweaty) and a buzzing head. The best I can hope for is that this is just some bug my wife has brought home from school.

You could start a WIP so the rest of us know what we are in for.
Hope it ends up being mild, whatever it is.

And Rule 1 of any WIP

Photos or it never happened...

Hope you feel better soon.

MikeG.":tup8hq18 said:
I was with my buddy on Monday morning for coffee and cake (and a bit of show-and-tell.......workshop stuff). Spent a couple of hours within a couple of metres of him at his house. Tuesday morning first thing he rang me to say he had a temperature, lethargy, and the start of a cough. I've just spoken to his wife, and they're as certain as they can be that he's got it. He's in bed with a fever, cough, lethargy, and a big headache. I guess there's half a chance I won't be posting quite so many photos as I was expecting in the next week or two.

The incubation period for Covid 19 is supposed to be 5 - 10 days, so it would've been lightening quick if that's what you've got. But who knows - information is a bit sketchy to say the least.

I was also with him on Thursday and Friday last week. I helped him with a buggy he's building for his disabled son, and he did a little work on his engineering lathe for me.

Sh*t Mike, sorry to hear you're likely smitten with it. From a few threads on Twitter I've read from folks getting the sweaty level of things it's been 5 days of being horizontal with no appetite before things take an upwards swing. If your build threads are anything to go by, you're a fairly fit fellow, so here's hoping it's quicker as that for you. Do take it easy. Gid Joiner has a fairly epic porch build series on YouTube I've yet to watch but may kill some down time... or there's always here.

MikeG.":2hszh62v said:
I was also with him on Thursday and Friday last week. I helped him with a buggy he's building for his disabled son, and he did a little work on his engineering lathe for me.
Keep your chin up, stay focussed and look forward to having it behind you. And of course don't forget that it's not a dead cert that you will get it.

I went shopping today. It was ridiculous. Lots of empty shelves. Are hens really going to stop laying?

Well, I was protected.
airlite.png

I got a few looks, a couple of generous smiles, but no-one, I mean no-one, took the Mickey, not even the teenage youths hanging around in the car park. I got a look and one of them pulled his hoodie over his face. But no mockery.

I am taking the view that I shall get it, but I hope to have the mild version and then be protected. If it kills me (and I hope it doesn't, I've not finished my bench nor my dining table yet) then at least my pension worries are over.
Silver linings and all that.

Attachments

• airlite.png
    airlite.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 285
Go you Steve. That's some next level *ahem* Maskery you've got going there. Da Yoofs were, most likely, on their best behaviour wondering whether you were about to demand their clothes , their boots and their motorcycles.

Here are the rules I am now living under:
Public gatherings with 10 or more people are strongly discouraged,” those violating the ban will be fined with 1,000 euros per person.

Urging people to stay home and to avoid contact with people outside their immediate family, Hardalias announced a new series of movement restrictions

Out-of-home traffic should be limited to the minimum only for very specific reasons and to the extent necessary to serve vital needs only.

Acceptable exceptions are exclusively for:

Transition to work

Visit to the doctor

Visit a grocery store when no online service

Go to the post office for absolutely necessary mail

Go to the bank and the petrol station

Move to help people in need

Outdoor exercise individually or with another person while keeping a distance of 1.5 meters.

Dog walking

Businesses must operate remotely. Where by the nature of the business this is not possible, businesses will operate with the necessary staff and on rotation.

A special recommendation to “call centers” is the 2-meter safety distance between employees.

Looks like I'll be taking the dog everywhere.

To be fair Steve I’ve seen a lot stranger things in Kirkby so I’m not surprised by the lack the of response :shock: :lol:

Steve Maskery":1eqbdw19 said:
I went shopping today........

Did you wear disposable gloves? Catching this bug through the air is highly unlikely compared to catching it from touching an infected surface.

Well, I've definitely got something. At the moment I'd say "off colour" rather than ill, thanks Roger. Put it this way......I'm heading out to the workshop in a minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back