Bringing goods from the EU

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh come on. We were told that all flights would cease immediately in fact I seem to recall some silly person even suggesting that aircraft leaving the UK would be banned altogether from EU airspace. I can't remember the reason given, something to do with our air traffic controllers not complying with some EU rule or another apparently.
Rolls Royce were going to go bust because they would no longer be able to sell their engines to Airbus. Why an engine sitting in the factory and fully compliant with EU standards the day before Brexit would suddenly not be the day after wasn't explained. Nor was the other small problem, namely that the only other source of engines for them are the likes of GE in the US, not a member of the EU last time I checked, so how could they buy them from them.
Last, but my favourite, was to see the funk Cameron and co got in as the day of judgement approached, and it began to dawn on them that this wasn't going to be the slam dunk they had thought, and they might actually lose. Then we got Osbourne 's speech where he warned solemnly of some kind of immediate economic Armageddon if we do much as voted to leave, much less actually did it. Watch it, it's really funny. Now someone pointed out that the pound did take a big hit the next day. What of course they don't point out, because it's a little inconvenient, is that once the bankers had got over their hissy fit it bounced back again pretty quickly.

I agree project fear was wrong......but there's no equivalence to the 4 years of endless Brexit lies

German car industry
Easiest deal in history
Get back control of borders
Stop immigration
Goods will be cheaper
Get rid of red tape
Get back control of fishing
Global trade
EU will cave in
They need us more than we need them

How are those things going?

"I don't know what chlorinated chicken is

The term "chlorinated chicken" is more of a media created term to describe lower standards.

It's less about chlorine being used to wash chicken than the lower welfare standards.....and hormones in beef and GM foods.

In my understanding most US producers don't even use chlorine

I agree project fear was wrong......but there's no equivalence to the 4 years of endless Brexit lies

German car industry
Easiest deal in history
Get back control of borders
Stop immigration
Goods will be cheaper
Get rid of red tape
Get back control of fishing
Global trade
EU will cave in
They need us more than we need them

How are those things going?
"Project Fear" was a brexit fiction. It didn't exist, except in the Mail etc.

The term "chlorinated chicken" is more of a media created term to describe lower standards.

It's less about chlorine being used to wash chicken than the lower welfare standards.....and hormones in beef and GM foods.

In my understanding most US producers don't even use chlorine
Hold on a minute! I never said I didn't know what it was! It was D_W...

"Project Fear" was a brexit fiction. It didn't exist, except in the Mail etc.
Blackadder.jpg

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/...den-path-if-we-had-to-on-brexit-a3861026.htmlBoth sides mislead; agreed. Not sure I'd agree with "equal measure".
Ok, I certainly haven't kept a dossier of who told what lies, how many and when. I have neither the time or the interest in doing so. My perception, for what it's worth, is that at the beginning of the campaign the biggest liars were definitely leave. As it progressed the balance changed. As the fateful day drew closer remain started to panic as it became increasingly apparent that things weren't going as expected. They then turned up the lying in a desperate effort to salvage the situation. Since the vote I think there can be little doubt that Boris wins the lying contest, oven ready deal my buttocks. But who was really daft enough to believe that? Could the EU have given us a very favourable deal, yes, there was no physical obstacle to that. Were they ever going to, no. They clearly couldn't give us all the benefits of full membership and waive the membership fee, that would be completely daft from their point of view, and a completely unreasonable expectation from ours. What we have now is something that has enabled the politicians on both sides to strut their stuff and, in their eyes at least, satisfy their respective audiences. What will happen now is that the civil servants on both sides will get to work and tidy up after them as they always do. I remain quite confident that over time things will get tweaked and finessed as necessary, and in a few years time we will probably be left wondering why we made such a song and dance about it.

Not sure why you should have this problem. I have just taken delivery of a watch from a business in Spain. Other than extra VAT etc no drama whatsoever. Surely the responsibility lies with the seller, they shouldn't have sold you it if they can't ship it.

"We can quote for shipping to UK but unfortunately at the moment due to Brexit, the shippers we use have suspended the service outside the UK for the time being due to the backlog of paperwork entailed." kind of sums it up really

I wonder how long all Threads that aren't woodwork specific will turn into a Brexit debate instead of keeping to the subject title.

Last edited:
Reactions: prh
The EU didn't pay for it, they took your money and then gave it back to you and except you to be grateful.
Had to revisit this it kept me awake last night!
It applies to every transaction - go into a pub and "they take your money and give it back to you" (as beer), or a shop, ditto and you come out with the Daily Mail and a loaf of bread. :rolleyes:
It's biblical: is it Jude or Jonah? A sort of miserable blinkered view of everything
Even more chronic when our Jonahs say of something absolutely free e.g. the NHS "no it's not free because somebody else pays for it"
Brexiter psychology - biblical! (in a very negative sort of way)! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
It applies to every transaction - go into a pub and "they take your money and give it back to you" (as beer), or a shop, ditto and you come out with the Daily Mail and a loaf of bread. :rolleyes:
It's biblical: Jude 1:16 NIV: These people are grumblers and faultfinders; they follow their own evil desires; they boast about themselves and flatter others for their own advantage. a sort of miserable blinkered view of everything
Even more chronic when our Jude says e.g. of the NHS "no it's not free because somebody pays for it"

Does the drive belt need tightening?

Nobody took any notice of daft scare stories like these being wafted about - except of course the brexiters who took the bait of all sorts of other very silly ideas.
The remain view was largely on the positives.
The economic armageddon, if there is to be one , would be sometime after Jan this year, ahead, obviously not back then in 2016
Ah I see. Remainer lies were just silly ideas that no one took any notice of anyway. Leaver lies on the other hand swayed the poor ignorant public en masse to vote the 'wrong' way. Can you seriously not see how daft that is. And I would remind you that Osbourne promised that there would need to be an emergency budget "within days" of a leave vote in order to mitigate the effects of the chaos that would ensue. Never mind though, not a lie, just another daft remainer scare story that no one will have taken any notice of anyway.

It's biblical: is it Jude or Jonah? A sort of miserable blinkered view of everything
Even more chronic when our Jonahs say of something absolutely free e.g. the NHS "no it's not free because somebody else pays for it"
You should get professional help if what’s been said on the internet keeps you awake at night.

"We can quote for shipping to UK but unfortunately at the moment due to Brexit, the shippers we use have suspended the service outside the UK for the time being due to the backlog of paperwork entailed." kind of sums it up really
[/QUOT
is the shopper out of interest. None of the major carriers seem to be having these issues
Who is the carrier out of interest? None of the major carriers seem to be having these problems.

I just wondered if anyone expects there to be a point in the whole Brexit issue being replayed in this thread where consensus prevails?

Anyone who voted Brexit feels they were right and the current issues will bed in and life will go on. The Remainers see it as a self inflicted wound that will blight us for ever. Anyone saying to someone in the other camp words to the effect of “that’s a fair point” is rarer than rocking horse manure ... I just wondered if anyone expects it to change or just ramble on for ever?

Ah I see. Remainer lies were just silly ideas that no one took any notice of anyway. Leaver lies on the other hand swayed the poor ignorant public en masse to vote the 'wrong' way. Can you seriously not see how daft that is. And I would remind you that Osbourne promised that there would need to be an emergency budget "within days" of a leave vote in order to mitigate the effects of the chaos that would ensue. Never mind though, not a lie, just another daft remainer scare story that no one will have taken any notice of anyway.
Remainer "lies" and scares weren't shared by many remainers and were peripheral to the remainer position, which was basically optimistic, forward looking, positive about the benefits of the EU.
The brexit position was/is the opposite; utterly negative, depressive even, xenophobic, hostile, relying on a weird myth of sovereignty, harking back to the empire, massive lies centre stage; oven ready deals etc etc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back