Bringing goods from the EU

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Being reported by some news agencies that EU will put in place an export ban on the pfizor vaccine from tomorrow, effecting UK supply.
I hope this is not true as most people need the second shot.

Being reported by some news agencies that EU will put in place an export ban on the pfizor vaccine from tomorrow, effecting UK supply.
I hope this is not true as most people need the second shot.

I hope that's not the case.

People are dying, here and in the EU.....it's not great to see fighting over vaccines like a couple chavs on Black Friday in Asda having a scrap over a cheap TV. (It's nothing to do with UK but EU and AZ)

The EU didn't pay for it, they took your money and then gave it back to you and except you to be grateful.
Considering Brexit red tape as a result of leaving the Single Market will exceed out net club fee......it could well be argued we got all the funding projects for free.

I didn't say they were thick but I do think they were lied to and thoroughly misled. You only have to ask what happened to the "oven ready' deal.
Oh please no, not the remainers refrain. How does it go, wring hands, wail " but we were all lied to", repeat.
For what it's worth I agree we were all lied to. Where I suspect we will differ is that I would say we were lied to in pretty much equal measure by both sides. You will no doubt maintain that only leavers lied, and that everything the remain side put forward was the absolute truth. The reality is that anyone who is prepared to make a decision based upon what they are told by politicians deserves whatever they get. Unfortunately they mostly tell lies. It's not difficult to tell when they're doing it, it you look closely you can see their lips moving.

Oh please no, not the remainers refrain. How does it go, wring hands, wail " but we were all lied to", repeat.
For what it's worth I agree we were all lied to. Where I suspect we will differ is that I would say we were lied to in pretty much equal measure by both sides. You will no doubt maintain that only leavers lied, and that everything the remain side put forward was the absolute truth. The reality is that anyone who is prepared to make a decision based upon what they are told by politicians deserves whatever they get. Unfortunately they mostly tell lies. It's not difficult to tell when they're doing it, it you look closely you can see their lips moving.
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/...den-path-if-we-had-to-on-brexit-a3861026.htmlBoth sides mislead; agreed. Not sure I'd agree with "equal measure".

I hope that's not the case.

People are dying, here and in the EU.....it's not great to see fighting over vaccines like a couple chavs on Black Friday in Asda having a scrap over a cheap TV. (It's nothing to do with UK but EU and AZ)
And the latest is that they are allegedly now proposing to take the Germans and Belgians to court because they broke EU rules by securing supplies of vaccine on their own account, rather than waiting for the EU to get their act together.

What's to hesitate on when you don't have a plan? (though it was interesting that the vaccines were being developed and not a peep from anyone about them until right after the election. That was intentionally timed, but given his railing against prescription drug prices and companies no surprise that the drug companies waited until someone else was in office to provide updates).

He didn't even have a plan when he got covid - he looked at one of his advisors and said "so, is this how I'm going out?"

I sure don't want to see biden get it, as his VP is scary.
I will do you a 2 for 1 deal. You get boris (small b) back (he was born in America and as I say, he is the first American Prime minister but not the last I expect), and I will throw gove (small c, sorry g)in for free....they like to be fed chlorinated chicken if you can spare some....:D

Can't think of any egregious lies from the remain camp, what did you have in mind? In fact I can't think of much the remain camp actually said. There was a govt leaflet but the general assumption was that remain was a dead cert. Horribly wrong!
Any obvious lies in this? :- https://assets.publishing.service.g...ean-union-is-the-best-decision-for-the-uk.pdf

You haven't been paying much attention to the Scotland/EU debate then have you? Scotland can't join the EU with the pound which it wants to keep, but it wouldn't be able to join anyway because it's debts are too high. It would also not get any more favourable terms than any other country no matter how quickly it joined (if it were allowed).
Oh I don't know, the idea of political and economic stability didn't seem to bother them where the Greeks were concerned.

I will do you a 2 for 1 deal. You get boris (small b) back (he was born in America and as I say, he is the first American Prime minister but not the last I expect), and I will throw gove (small c, sorry g)in for free....they like to be fed chlorinated chicken if you can spare some....:D

I don't know what chlorinated chicken is, but we've got lots of chicken and lots of pools, so I'm sure we've got he chlorine to make it!!

What do we need in the US? Fiscal responsibility and a nod toward innovation. Every side right now wants more than all sides can have total (the able-bodied beggars, and the innovators...).

Not sure what we'd do with Boris, but there have been many pro wrestler's over here with bright blonde hair. Do you think he can suplex anyone?

Well the good news is that there is a new vaccine available that appears to have a high rate of efficacy. Novovac is an American vaccine manufactured in the UK.

Nigel.

Anyway, this thread was started, as I understand it, because people were experiencing problems bringing stuff into the UK from the EU.
In the interest of balance, can anyone point to any beneficial consequences of leaving that have directly affected them?
It'd be nice to get some good news.

Well no, in our case they took our money and gave us about half of it back.
In the UKs case the Single Market saved more money than we paid.....so we got the funding effectively free.

EU club fee was never a zero sum game

Can't think of any egregious lies from the remain camp, what did you have in mind? In fact I can't think of much the remain camp actually said. There was a govt leaflet but the general assumption was that remain was a dead cert. Horribly wrong!
Oh come on. We were told that all flights would cease immediately in fact I seem to recall some silly person even suggesting that aircraft leaving the UK would be banned altogether from EU airspace. I can't remember the reason given, something to do with our air traffic controllers not complying with some EU rule or another apparently.
Rolls Royce were going to go bust because they would no longer be able to sell their engines to Airbus. Why an engine sitting in the factory and fully compliant with EU standards the day before Brexit would suddenly not be the day after wasn't explained. Nor was the other small problem, namely that the only other source of engines for them are the likes of GE in the US, not a member of the EU last time I checked, so how could they buy them from them.
Last, but my favourite, was to see the funk Cameron and co got in as the day of judgement approached, and it began to dawn on them that this wasn't going to be the slam dunk they had thought, and they might actually lose. Then we got Osbourne 's speech where he warned solemnly of some kind of immediate economic Armageddon if we do much as voted to leave, much less actually did it. Watch it, it's really funny. Now someone pointed out that the pound did take a big hit the next day. What of course they don't point out, because it's a little inconvenient, is that once the bankers had got over their hissy fit it bounced back again pretty quickly.

Brexit campaign by vote Leave and this govt was built on lies, gaslighting, misinformation, populist strategies etc etc.

Brexit was only ever a vehicle for deregulation, disaster capitalism, vested self interest, climate change deniers etc etc......and you can't sell that with honesty.

Oh come on. We were told that all flights would cease immediately in fact I seem to recall some silly person even suggesting that aircraft leaving the UK would be banned altogether from EU airspace. I can't remember the reason given, something to do with our air traffic controllers not complying with some EU rule or another apparently.
Rolls Royce were going to go bust because they would no longer be able to sell their engines to Airbus. Why an engine sitting in the factory and fully compliant with EU standards the day before Brexit would suddenly not be the day after wasn't explained. Nor was the other small problem, namely that the only other source of engines for them are the likes of GE in the US, not a member of the EU last time I checked, so how could they buy them from them.
Last, but my favourite, was to see the funk Cameron and co got in as the day of judgement approached, and it began to dawn on them that this wasn't going to be the slam dunk they had thought, and they might actually lose. Then we got Osbourne 's speech where he warned solemnly of some kind of immediate economic Armageddon if we do much as voted to leave, much less actually did it. Watch it, it's really funny. Now someone pointed out that the pound did take a big hit the next day. What of course they don't point out, because it's a little inconvenient, is that once the bankers had got over their hissy fit it bounced back again pretty quickly.
Nobody took any notice of daft scare stories like these being wafted about - except of course the brexiters who took the bait of all sorts of other very silly ideas.
The remain view was largely on the positives.
The economic armageddon, if there is to be one , would be sometime after Jan this year, ahead, obviously not back then in 2016

D_W wrote:
"I don't know what chlorinated chicken is, "
Seriously? For someone who appears to know more about what happens in the UK than all the natives combined, I find that hard to believe. But if you are serious, it's a process whereby dead chickens are washed with a chlorine solution, to kill off harmful bacteria. Not in itself a terrible idea, except that opponents of this practice claim that it allows chickens to be raised in less than ideal conditions, which would not be acceptable in the UK. If you have read any UK news feeds in the last two or three years, you stand a good chance of having encountered this story.
Not to be confused with Coronation Chicken, which is a different kettle of fish entirely.

Nobody took any notice of daft scare stories like these being wafted about - except of course the brexiters who took the bait of all sorts of other very silly ideas.
The remain view was largely on the positives.
The economic armageddon, if there is to be one , would be sometime after Jan this year, ahead, obviously not back then in 2016

Wiffle waffle flap flap.

or
Blackadder.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back