Bandsaw box makers

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mikefr

Reaction score
Calling bandsaw box makers/ I need to get a new bandsaw and I use mine largely for making bandsaw boxes. Don't want to spend much over 500 euros and I live in a remote area where finding a secondhand machine will prove tricky. Any suggestions on new ones? Am considering the Makita 1200F but hear conflicting reports and none from box makers.

as an EX Pat that lived there, buying and selling machines......
anything thats DIY size, not abused or junk needs to come from outside Frogland.....
they have some good industrial size machines tho but not at that money....
Belgium or Italy are good for machines, Spain and Portugal is a wasteland.....
Most of the machines I sold went to the Swiss border countries.....
Greece is also hopeless for machines....but a long way away.....
There's a nice guy called Mike who's a forum moderator, he may be able to help.advise....
He's in Germany but I never got lucky there......

Blighty was always good for machines but with the "B" word it's now a bit crazy....
but u could always buy something in the UK, take it totally apart, hide it and then reassemble when u get home....
Have heard for small household items, ahem, that some firms will ship with a fixed rate of £40'ish to cover customs etc....
We had a local guy who did a return trip every week.....
Facebook is ur friend......La Bon Coin tends to be stupid prices for junk...word of mouth allways works but often u need to wait....
hope u get lucky.......
I'm waiting to find a turn of the century BIG bandsaw for my shop....I like the old stuff......

as an EX Pat that lived there, buying and selling machines......
anything thats DIY size, not abused or junk needs to come from outside Frogland.....
they have some good industrial size machines tho but not at that money....
Belgium or Italy are good for machines, Spain and Portugal is a wasteland.....
Most of the machines I sold went to the Swiss border countries.....
Greece is also hopeless for machines....but a long way away.....
There's a nice guy called Mike who's a forum moderator, he may be able to help.advise....
He's in Germany but I never got lucky there......

Blighty was always good for machines but with the "B" word it's now a bit crazy....
but u could always buy something in the UK, take it totally apart, hide it and then reassemble when u get home....
Have heard for small household items, ahem, that some firms will ship with a fixed rate of £40'ish to cover customs etc....
We had a local guy who did a return trip every week.....
Facebook is ur friend......La Bon Coin tends to be stupid prices for junk...word of mouth allways works but often u need to wait....
hope u get lucky.......
I'm waiting to find a turn of the century BIG bandsaw for my shop....I like the old stuff......
TY You are right about the Bon Coin. Fortunately, I have stock at the moment so I am not under too much pressure but will need to do something before the December markets. Will keep asking around. Still don't know about the Makita

Latest posts

Back