Bandsaw blades

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

morris

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello
I have a Dewalt 876 Bandsaw and I am not sure which bandsawblade I need to get to cut bowlblanks out of wet and rather large logs.
I have tried to get some from D& M, who have not got any in stock.
Does anyone know where else to get them from and which I should look for??

:p :) :?: :?:

And as for type,I went for 3 tpi,skip form.Not designed for fine cabinet making,but good at clearing damp sawdust :D

Andrew

thanks for that Rich , how do I get in touch with them??

are they on the internet??

and thanks also Andrew, the 3 TPI skip blade to fit Dewalt 876 , haven1t seen one yet, can you tell me where to get one??

Morris

Here's a link to Dragon Saws - never used them,but from what I've read,well worth ringing them to discuss what you want,and they will recommend what is best.
And here's Bedford Saws.
And contact details for Dure Edge

Andrew

If you approach any of the above (and I can add Hamilton Edge to the list) they will make blades to the length you ask for.

There was a very helpful link recently by the guy from Dragon on here, IIRC, regarding what blades for what jobs.

Money spent on good blades is money VERY well well spent, in my experience.

S

I don't know about bandsaw blades but I've just had some circular blades sharpened by Dragon,Very reasonably priced and Ian John of Dragon blades bent over backwards to help. I HIGHLY recommend trying them you won't be dissapointed :)

morris":3jzi7r74 said:
Hello
I have a Dewalt 876 Bandsaw and I am not sure which bandsawblade I need to get to cut bowlblanks out of wet and rather large logs.
I have tried to get some from D& M, who have not got any in stock.
Does anyone know where else to get them from and which I should look for??

:p :) :?: :?:

I would recommend going for a 3tpi blade but make sure that it has extra set teeth and preferably in .032 gauge to allow it to cope with cutting wet logs. Standard blades are .025 gauge so the .032 blades will give a lot more stability when cutting. If you are straight cutting go for a 1/2" blade and if you are radius cutting then either a 1/4" or 3/8" blade depending on the radius being cut - 3/8" x 3tpi x .032 blades with extra set teeth are the most popular for this type of cutting.
Oh, and make sure you order 2215mm blades because some companies will supply 88" blades which are a little longer and can give problems when you come to tension the blades :D

Ian

I can add another thumbs up for Dragon Saw. I told them what sort of bandsaw I had and the kind of cuts I wanted to make and they sorted out what sort of blade I needed and it arrived in the post two days later.

Very helpful and friendly and did not mind dealing with somone who was completely clueless and was only spending £13 ;)

The weld broke on one of my Dragon blades, sent it back on Thurs, returned on Sat. Excellent service, thanks Ian!

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for mentioning us.

morris, we can help you if you still need blades.

Thanks,

Tom

Latest posts

Back