Axminsters

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clanger

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All,
I hope you can give me advice: Sitting at work, I have just received a text from my wife - Do you think you might need axminsters this weekend The problem is that I am wracking my brains and can't think of anything that I need. I am assuming that she is saying this as she wants Hobbycraft next door.

Help - what should my answer be? (please note - As a rule, I do not buy my tools from Axminsters. My wife works in the tools section of a local builders merchants. If I bought tools elsewhere, life would be unbearable...)

Cheers

Chris

Text back... ''Yes please, could you pick me up some <insert huge shopping list of consumables> please. :-D

NazNomad":52g1dg8k said:
Text back... ''Yes please, could you pick me up some <insert huge shopping list of consumables> please. :-D

:D :D Cheers Naz - I like the spin on that. Somehow, me thinks she is trying to scrounge a free lift.

I'm sorry, i must be missing something.
You are'nt sure if you need a tool shop or not?

Nope, second run through, still does not compute.
error 404 not found

sunnybob":lgraqms2 said:
I'm sorry, i must be missing something.
You are'nt sure if you need a tool shop or not?

Nope, second run through, still does not compute.
error 404 not found

=D> Think that I might just have to browse, keeping hands in pockets.

Aren't they just online box movers or do they still have shops :lol:

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Axminster have extremely well fitted out shops. More machines than you can shake a stick at.
The basingstoke one is where I go when I fly into heathrow when I return to the UK. The head office in Devon has two floors and a training school.

If you cant find something to buy in there, then I just dont know.

clanger":2t0it2e4 said:
=D> Think that I might just have to browse, keeping hands in pockets.

Hmm, grown man walking around a tool shop with his hands in his pockets... sounds a bit pervy, if you ask me.

The store near me offers to grind and sharpen chisels FOC while one waits. I think it is day specific though and I bet they don't do it on a Saturday.... bit if you could delay SWMBO to the right day, you could get a few sharpened chisels out of it.

Go to the Veritas area and make a list of nice things that you might want for Christmas?

Take some wood and use the test planes there to square it up.

Surely you need some spare multitool/jigsaw blades? abrasives? glue? there must be a million and one consumable things that need replacing in your workshop?

Just apply your imagination,,, you will find plenty of reasons to be there.

I visited the High Wycombe Axi store a couple of weeks ago for some bits and pieces and found a number of shelves either empty or half empty. Don't know why - they have always been full in the past, so hope you can get what you want.

John

John15":1kg20twk said:
I visited the High Wycombe Axi store a couple of weeks ago for some bits and pieces and found a number of shelves either empty or half empty. Don't know why - they have always been full in the past, so hope you can get what you want.

John
That store is the worst for having stuff in stock in my experience. Perhaps it’s just been me but simple stuff like shellac flakes and other bits and bobs always seem to be out of stock.

Hi All,
As an update - I did not spend any money in Axminster's :shock: . However, I did buy a roll of wide Sellotape and spray adhesive in Hobbycraft so that I can get back in to a bit of scroll sawing. So, not a pointless trip :D .

Chris

winchester to basingstoke and back for a roll of sellotape and a can of goop.

cost effective or what? please surrender your man card at the earliest opportunity. :roll: :roll:

sunnybob":vgmkpoik said:
winchester to basingstoke and back for a roll of sellotape and a can of goop.

cost effective or what? please surrender your man card at the earliest opportunity. :roll: :roll:

Well, there was a bacon and egg bap from the van up the A31 - that made all the difference :oops:

mmm, ok, you can keep your man card, but consider this your first written warning.

Back