Festool TS 55 FEBQ

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barry J

Established Member
Reaction score
Quick question for those using the TS55 F, received mine yesterday from Axminster tools and very impressed! Was thinking I may need a 1.8mm kerf Universal blade and just wondered if you recommend sticking with festool blades or could recommend a cheaper third party blade that gives a similar clean cut primarily on Ply and MDF. Any help and advice welcomed.

The standard blade is pretty good, might be worth trying before you spend more - in the grand scheme of things if you do want another blade after paying the amount the saw has cost the difference between third party cheaper blades isn't really that great and quality cotrol on the festool blades is really good - not sure if that's helpful for your question!?

I was lucky and got both a fine and universal blade in the box when I bought mine. I’ve subsequently bought a rip and aluminium blade. I don’t see much difference between the fine and universal but because I have both I keep the fine for ‘best’ when I’m cutting cabinets and use the universal for most of the ‘just cutting’ work. I will say the rip blade makes a big difference for rip cuts in hardwood.
As @foxbat says the cost isn’t that much difference and you can be sure of what your getting.

The standard blade is pretty good, might be worth trying before you spend more - in the grand scheme of things if you do want another blade after paying the amount the saw has cost the difference between third party cheaper blades isn't really that great and quality cotrol on the festool blades is really good - not sure if that's helpful for your question!?
That makes sense, thank you. I’ve renewed the splinter guard on the Makita track and done a few cuts on plywood - very impressive with the standard blade. Thanks for the reply.

I was lucky and got both a fine and universal blade in the box when I bought mine. I’ve subsequently bought a rip and aluminium blade. I don’t see much difference between the fine and universal but because I have both I keep the fine for ‘best’ when I’m cutting cabinets and use the universal for most of the ‘just cutting’ work. I will say the rip blade makes a big difference for rip cuts in hardwood.
As @foxbat says the cost isn’t that much difference and you can be sure of what your getting.
Many thanks for the reply, I guess it makes sense to stick with Festool, good info on the rip blade thank you.

Quick question for those using the TS55 F, received mine yesterday from Axminster tools and very impressed! Was thinking I may need a 1.8mm kerf Universal blade and just wondered if you recommend sticking with festool blades or could recommend a cheaper third party blade that gives a similar clean cut primarily on Ply and MDF. Any help and advice welcomed.
I stick with the Festool blades, they are very good quality.

CMT are the next best thing, but the kerf may be a little different.

I bought my Festool TS55 used on this forum and it came complete with one new plus 4 or 5 used Festool blades. Fortunately I live about 1 mile from a sawdoctor and got the used blades sharpened, together with the Freud blades that I had used in my Parkside Saw. If anything, professionally sharpened blades are better than new.
In the TS55 I'm going to stick with Festool blades which should help the splinter strips to last longer.
The TS55 is a great saw, but it just confirms that the Parkside with a decent blade is also seriously good.

I bought my Festool TS55 used on this forum and it came complete with one new plus 4 or 5 used Festool blades. Fortunately I live about 1 mile from a sawdoctor and got the used blades sharpened, together with the Freud blades that I had used in my Parkside Saw. If anything, professionally sharpened blades are better than new.
In the TS55 I'm going to stick with Festool blades which should help the splinter strips to last longer.
The TS55 is a great saw, but it just confirms that the Parkside with a decent blade is also seriously good.
I agree ref professionally sharpened blades.
Any new blade I buy goes to the local saw doctor before it goes on the saw
I tend to favour Freud across all my saws; table, mitre, track & circular
With most power tools a good brand blade, disc, bit etc makes the biggest difference.

Back