Axminster-Trade-Series-AWFS18-Scroll Saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
darloray":ilivkyyq said:
I was gonna go up to north shields this weekend to get it, I went on the axminster site to reserve one and they have put it up from £460 to £532 surely this is an error, that's a big jump. they close at 7pm but gonna give them a ring tomorrow

£460 to £ 532 ie 15% rise almost exactly the change in the sterling exchange rate following the Brexit vote.
There will be more price rises to come - my Tesco Sherry has just gone up!!!
Boris & co are remarkably quiet now that the birds are coming home to roost.

Brian

hi I emailed axminster on their ad on ebay for the same machine, I got this reply back today.

Hello

Thank you for your message. We endeavour to keep our prices competitive and this means that at times we will reduce our prices. However, sometimes it is necessary for us to increase prices to take into account costs that we have incurred due to production, manufacturing or labour costs, as well as import expenses and currency fluctuations.

Kind regards

I also rang them before I saw this and spoke to a guy from axminster at our local ish one at north shields, I said it was on at £460 but upped to £532 he said he cant do it for the previous price or near to it. I mean a cash sale was waiting for them.

he never even asked if I was looking at an alternative machine on their site. I just said i'll look else where. it was as if he wasn't bothered.

that one from Manchester wasn't variable speed, he replied back saying it was pick up only. I looked again this morning but ad was gone so im guessing it was sold.
the one in dorset, im not sure yet haven't had a lot of time today to do any other searches
I might email to get some better pics and info
im not sure about transferring money on there, at least on ebay etc your covered.
thanks

Back