Axminster returns

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluezephyr

Established Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had to return anything to Axminster before? I bought a small extractor a week ago and today it seems to not like working today.

To be honest the suction isnt that good, My garden vac/ converted general workshop hoover has far more suction.

Would they let me pay the diference on a better model?

Just asking beofre i contact em, Sure you guys have had some stuff you had to return to them.

I think they come and pick it up? Never had a problem returning stuff to them myself.

I've never had a problem returning goods and if you bought from the net, I think you have the right to return if not suitable. This is certainly the case with Amazon, but I don't think it will come to that.

Phil

I have bought quite a bit from Axminster latelly and hand on heart I have not had to send anything back. But I am sure that if you talk to them I don't see a problem. Always best to let them know as soon as possible and then go from there. It's good to talk. Who had that as there logo, oh yes B.. Must work!!!!!!!!!!

Which extractor did you buy? With chip collectors, it's normal for the suction to drop as the collection bag fills up - less air to move around, and all that.

I wouldn't have thought it would be a problem to exchange/replace it though. I had to return my planer thicknesser to be "looked at" a few months after I'd bought it - they collected it within a couple of days and it was back in my possession, working fine barely one week later (and this is with Heavy Goods delivery, mind!). :D

Ive just filled in a returns form online, We had one of these extractors from machine mart where i used to work, This one seemed lacking power compared to that one i used before, Theyre all the same just different colours and stickers im sure. Must have been duff to start with.

Just remember that an extractor is not the same as a vacuum.

The former is high volume for shifting stuff from a P/T, for example, and the latter is less volume but at a greater pressure, suitable for power tools like sanders and routers.

Personally I'd be surprised and disappointed if Ax gave you a hard time, whatever the reason. They have always been exemplary in my experience and, given their size, and the (relatively) small cost of processing problems like this, compared to the goodwill it generates (and the ill-will of the alternative approach) I'd have thought it was a no-brainer for them.

How about you tell us how it was for you?

S

PS YGWYPF..... :)

Have you got a baffle plate in the extractor (usually located where pipe enters extractor area, if you have ,is it blocked, they usually are, I and others have removed this baffle.

Steve, I will update when they reply and sort it, Let you know how good they are.
Devonwoody, Those baffles are a pain arent they!, First thing i did was chopped it out, I could have left it in, Its only for dust on my RAS.

It had no real suction straight off the machine itself.

It came with 2 bags which i thought was unusual, I sent one to somebody to have a zip sewn in, Hope they dont want it back :?

Back