Axminster engineer series bench grinder

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Typically you can pickup a Crusen grinder for less money than the Axi on auction sites. These grinders are worlds apart from the typical grinders you can buy. The big difference is they run true. Crusen are widely regarded as the Wadkins of the grinder world.

It would be for rough grinding really old tools before hand finishing and other general metal shaping duties. I just dont want to be buying another grinder for a long time and was curious if the axi was any good as its a bit cheaper than a new creusen. There doesnt seem to be any reviews or anything about it so i didnt know if the 'engineer series' bit is just marketing BS or if it is a good quality tool.

I havent looked on auction sites for a cheaper creusen though, ill check that out.

I picked one up for £40 on gumtree! its fantastic, I've only used clarke ones before and its much beefier and smoother running.

Then next grinder I buy will have an inbuilt tool rest, essential now days for my not so old arthritic hands.

Mike

Back